Array

School
    Darkside (Gainesville, FL)/Gracie Barra Clearwater

Mechanic Sweep and New Rubber Guard Path

Couple of questions guys... when you're in half guard and the guy goes to d'arce you, you grab the hand and pull it tight so his arm can't move and then go for the leg to sweep him right? What do you do if the guy is to difficult to sweep at this point? Or if he's really strong and still goes for the d'arce?

Also does anyone know where I can find the new RG path that Eddie's been talking about?

Thanks

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Stretch out the lockdown, and evil rainbow your legs.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    RONIN
    Chris is right, use the mechanic sweep to stop the choke, when he pulls his hand out to stop the sweep, you need to use your free hand to block the back of his shoulder/armpit area while your other arm makes sure to get the leg on your shoulder so you can sweep him with the electric chair. If that fails you have 5-0 sweeps. Hope that helps

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    i used to get darced alot but it happens far less frequent now becuase of the mechanic. if im not trying to sweep him and he goes for the darce, take your arm/hand that is around his hip and put your hand near his neck. it makes it difficult for him to get deep on the darce. that alone has saved me alot. if you then feel like you want to do the mechanic you can remove the hand off his neck and swim it back inside and grab his arm. if you start to sweep but hes basing hard he might be creating enough room that you can unlock the lockdown and replace full guard .