Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)

UFC on Fuel (Brazil)

Just a heads up if no one is watching. Some beautiful bjj being utilized. Rafael Assuncao utilized spider web for a great arm bar.

If you don't have fuel, you can stream it to your iPad via the fuel app.

It's been a fun event so far.

Array

School
    Never mind about streaming to your iPad. Seems it was just the prelims streaming.

Array

School
    Wow what an event! Lots of BJJ. If I recall correctly, wasn't a big part of the most recent MTS about armbar from the back? That was like the move of the night. Either these guys listen to eddie, or Eddie's just got his finger on the BJJ pulse. Tonight was a great night of BJJ in MMA.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    i thought raphael looked amazing. total dominance. ive always thought he was underated, never heard from much even though he is a massive contender. nice to see he is doing well.

i was a bit disappointed with vaughen lees lockdown though. cool that he is using it but he kept it straight and he didnt try to get to his side at all. its like he half learnt it and then stopped.

Alcantara's DLR guard was pretty cool, nice to see it threw it in there for a bit. and i really liked big nogs deep half even though it didnt help him that much. werdum looked pretty amazing in there.

and eric silvas sub was fantastic, such a crazy sub.

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    You see that a lot. Fighters are dabbling with rubber guard, or lockdown, they slap it on, then... nothing. When I see that I'm like; "Jesus man, you have the clinch, double unders, what are you waiting for?!" *Hysteria in the living room*

I loved the subs, so much Bravo-MMA philosophy being seen in practice. Swim moves, spiderweb, some attempts at Williams guard, lockdown, and setting up arm-triangles wth punches.

But the thing I liked most was Thiago Silvas resolve and killer instinct. He looked gassed, fat, and old. Then he got hit with that spinning elbow, and I thought; "This is bad, the tiger will awaken"

True enough! Man, that was hardcore! Gassed, taunting his opponent, and just unleashing furious punches in one big combo, that was brutal..! I normally appreciate subs over knockouts, but the sheer will of the man was impressive as hell! Not tame that guy..

And Nog submitted. Now I've seen that too. :/ I don't know the first thing about defending deep half, I know the Homer sweep, but I suck at defending deep.. I guess Verdum's got it down tho, lol!

Big Nelson against Miocic.. Can't wait for that. I fear for Nelsons health in the long run. Miocic's gonna use his head as a speed bag.. Maybe Nelson will land that knockout, but it won't be pretty to watch. It will be exiting as hell tho..! But seriously, Nelson takes way to much damage each damn fight, I like him too much. He shouldn't do that.

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    there was a ford suv truck !

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    That was sweet! Then the round ended. Still sweet!

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Joachim Hoff View Post
    You see that a lot. Fighters are dabbling with rubber guard, or lockdown, they slap it on, then... nothing. When I see that I'm like; "Jesus man, you have the clinch, double unders, what are you waiting for?!" *Hysteria in the living room*

I loved the subs, so much Bravo-MMA philosophy being seen in practice. Swim moves, spiderweb, some attempts at Williams guard, lockdown, and setting up arm-triangles wth punches.

But the thing I liked most was Thiago Silvas resolve and killer instinct. He looked gassed, fat, and old. Then he got hit with that spinning elbow, and I thought; "This is bad, the tiger will awaken"

True enough! Man, that was hardcore! Gassed, taunting his opponent, and just unleashing furious punches in one big combo, that was brutal..! I normally appreciate subs over knockouts, but the sheer will of the man was impressive as hell! Not tame that guy..

And Nog submitted. Now I've seen that too. :/ I don't know the first thing about defending deep half, I know the Homer sweep, but I suck at defending deep.. I guess Verdum's got it down tho, lol!

Big Nelson against Miocic.. Can't wait for that. I fear for Nelsons health in the long run. Miocic's gonna use his head as a speed bag.. Maybe Nelson will land that knockout, but it won't be pretty to watch. It will be exiting as hell tho..! But seriously, Nelson takes way to much damage each damn fight, I like him too much. He shouldn't do that.
    i have roy nelson winning it, we may even see him take miocic down and subbing him. and werdums dealing with big nogs half guard made me think a bit of cain vs bigfoot 1 and how he just got hammerfisted

Array

School
    Yeah. Nog being submitted as a result of flopping to his back for a guillotine. Sorry, but I'm morally opposed to arm in guillotines and and pulling guard with a guillotine that's not already 90% near the tapping point. He did it against Mir and paid for it. He did it against Werdum and paid for it. And going for the same sweep even after you got passed twice because of it? Bad move on Nog's part. He looked visibly disappointed. He should be.