Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu

Sick TLI type crap close to home.

About a year ago I heard this guy talking crap about me saying I shouldn't do what I'm doing because I am not a black belt. I ingnored him completly. A new guy from a Alliance gym moved to town and went to this gym first, talked to the guy for 1 minute and turned and left. A couple weeks again ago, a female fighter from this gym showed up at ours and asked to train with us, saying things were not well between her and the owner. Two more males also switched gyms. His is not a BJJ gym. Everyone coming from there has limited BJJ knowledge. He teaches Quan jitsu, his own style. Today I see this news story about him.

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/...aspx?id=917334

Why do people train at places like this??

Quick google search,Looks like he was a convicted sex offender from 1988!!
    Last edited by Greg W; 07-03-2013 at 08:04 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    woah.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    People these days

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    That's terrible. Those poor ladies!! he probably talked crap because he wanted you out of his territory...doing aweful stuff like that.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore

Dead giveaway

Sam Sales

Disgusting!
    If nothing else that piece of absolute shit Lloyd Irvin has brought this to the forefront.
    Although lets be honest here, I personally am pretty disappointed with the jj/MA community reaction to this. Especially the big names/teams. Seems like only white, blue and purple belts seem to have a problem with it. Seriously the amount of brown and black belts that have spoken out about TLI I can count on 1 hand and equally bad, the amount of brown and black belts that STILL kiss Lloyds ass, begging to go on his dogshit kumite etc is unbelievable. Should be ashamed. Sorry but if people go on Lloyds Kumite after everything that has gone on, that says a lot about your character. Got no time for people like that. Guys can pretend they don't know, play dumb, whatever, we all know what's up though.

If people had half a brain in their heads they would unfollow all of Lloyds social media accounts, not let TLI compete on any big shows, and campaign to make everybody aware, do not train in this toxic environment. Especially your kids. That is what decent people do. That would end TLI. But no, there might be something to gain from being chums with a sex offender, or he might somehow (fuck knows how?) help their jj careers. So fucking dumb and naive.

I could literally go on about this shit all day. The retardedness of some people just blows me the fuck away. Its as simple as this though. If you are still liking Lloyds posts and responding to his social media accounts, you need to take a look at shit and realise, if that was your sister or daughter or somebody you love, would you still be so friendly with him? I seriously fucking hope not.

*end of rant*
    Last edited by Sam Sales; 07-04-2013 at 05:06 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    Sorry to hear that dude, but atleast its one less scumbag to try to tear down your business.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post
    Disgusting!
    If nothing else that piece of absolute shit Lloyd Irvin has brought this to the forefront.
    Although lets be honest here, I personally am pretty disappointed with the jj/MA community reaction to this. Especially the big names/teams. Seems like only white, blue and purple belts seem to have a problem with it. Seriously the amount of brown and black belts that have spoken out about TLI I can count on 1 hand and equally bad, the amount of brown and black belts that STILL kiss Lloyds ass, begging to go on his dogshit kumite etc is unbelievable. Should be ashamed. Sorry but if people go on Lloyds Kumite after everything that has gone on, that says a lot about your character. Got no time for people like that. Guys can pretend they don't know, play dumb, whatever, we all know what's up though.

If people had half a brain in their heads they would unfollow all of Lloyds social media accounts, not let TLI compete on any big shows, and campaign to make everybody aware, do not train in this toxic environment. Especially your kids. That is what decent people do. That would end TLI. But no, there might be something to gain from being chums with a sex offender, or he might somehow (fuck knows how?) help their jj careers. So fucking dumb and naive.

I could literally go on about this shit all day. The retardedness of some people just blows me the fuck away. Its as simple as this though. If you are still liking Lloyds posts and responding to his social media accounts, you need to take a look at shit and realise, if that was your sister or daughter or somebody you love, would you still be so friendly with him? I seriously fucking hope not.

*end of rant*
    Kind of hard to follow up after this.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Sales View Post
    Disgusting!

*end of rant*
    I dont think its very clear how you feel about LI haha

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    Kind of hard to follow up after this.
    haha some things just need to be said.

All the while they are still about (TLI) though people will talk about what happened, and its a dark spot on our sport. We need to bury them and move on. That will never happen all the while ADCC etc are slinging them invites. It is a joke.
    I honestly feel like we as students of jiu jitsu often take our cues from our elders (higher belts), and for them all to say absolutely nothing about this is a dangerous precedent to set. What kind of message does that send? Females should feel safe in our community. How can that be if they know a couple of our sports biggest names are sex offenders (Dj is a wanted offender too) and we say nothing?
    When all this news broke I honestly thought every blackbelt/team/comp on the planet would come out and say 'do not train at TLI, you will not be able to compete, there is a HISTORY of sexual offences coming from that team, specifically circling around the leader Lloyd Irvin', but nope, it was a fucking ghost town.
    I almost wonder if they all just thought 'well if we ignore it, it will all just eventually go away and we can continue to make money with Lloyd'. Almost like making money like Lloyd pretends he has is more important than female and child safety? Cant be for the benefit of the sport? What benefit could there possibly be from ignoring it and continuing to let TLI run kids programs and shit like that.