Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Array

School
    In my mind

Self obsessed, egotistical, patronizing, 3rd Degree BJJ Black Belt.

Studying and training bjj and grappling since 1992 I thought I'd seen damned near everything. Oh how wrong I was. Saturday's tournament " Tennessee State Grappling Championships" made me sick to my stomach. First, the rules meeting started out with this direct quote. .." I've been doing jiu jitsu for 20 years! I brought jiu jitsu to Tennessee. If there's a black belt here or even in Tn., they're either under me or came through me! I am the grand daddy of all jiu jitsu! "
    That speech was followed with the kids no gi division starting 6 hours late. One of my 12 year olds was told he wouldn't get a fight because someone used his name already and it wasn't their responsibility to check names and there are no refunds. Another 12 year old with 4 months of training was matched against a girl twice his size and a year and a half experience. My third 12 year old was moved into advanced teens with 1.5 years experience. When we protested I was told to control the parents or we were all dq'd and would never fight in Tn again. I was moved into advanced masters division where I took silver but promptly had my shoulder dislocated by a guy who was 70+ pounds heavier than his registration stated. What a fricken tournament! .

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Damn dude, and I thought we had it rough over here at NAGA Houston. Things didn't get started here for the kids until almost 12pm. And the venue was so small compare to the crowd that showed up. It was standing room only in a college basket gym with only one side bleacher. It got so HOT that people near pass out. But it sounds like you don't need to be participating in that kind of organization ever again. Remember you are the customer bro. Don't let a douche organization like that get away with this. Boycott them, and spread the word. When enough people know about them, they won't go either. Then maybe they will treat their customer with more respect.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Seems legit, you should listen to him and do what he says.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Lol...I'm sorry, but I giggled to myself when I read "grand daddy of all Jiu Jitsu" haha. Hate to hear you had a bad experience man, it's part of competing sometimes to have a really bad experience. I never get to fight anyone my weight, but hey, could just be shortage of competitors, haters of 10P, or just another extremely disorganized tournament...it's so hard to tell which sometimes. Hate to hear it man, but congrats on silver!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I didn't know Steven Seagal lived in Tennessee

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Bringing Jiu Jitsu to Tennesse is about as exciting as bringing an Arby's to Alaska.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Lol ^

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    The last tournament I was at instead of having a rules meeting they had a prayer circle instead everyone held hands and a dude stood in the middle and prayed.

They then dq me from my division for no reason and I had to argue to get back in.

They also put one of my guys who has 3 months experience in advanced against purplebelts

Not all tournaments are run professionally

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Wow sounds like our NoGi worlds experience all couple years back. Our guys were getting dq'd for not having good accents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast