Array

School
    red river bjj wichita falls texas

Requesting opinion on my rubber guard/carni

http://youtu.be/Xm42KU86Nis

Submission only tourney. Each legit sub attempt is a point. I learned that when you do the carni you have to make sure your toes are pointed DOWN, or else they will be able to roll out. Won't make that mistake again.. Thoughts?

Lil background- Im in the airforce and I'm a blue belt doing bjj for bout 2 years now, all under a Gracie Barra brown belt. It's awesome training under him, because he lets me bring in what I learn from 10p technique videos and sometimes even let's me teach em. Which is super awesome and rare.. Going to a few tourneys here in north Texas has shown me that almost no one uses 10p stuff anywhere around here, and even sometimes the coaches don't know what to do when I put someone in the lockdown. "PUSH ON THE KNEE" is what I normally hear from whoever is coaching my opponent, and I silently giggle.. I'm surprised this stuff isn't used more often at all.. Ok thank you guys for your time!

Www.redriverbjj.com , if anyone come down here or is passing by stop in we welcome all shapes and colors! Even midgets, lol

I also, in another match, tried electric chair which is a legit sub attempt, but they didn't count that and did not award me a point. I don't think they even know what that is either lol...

Oh and lastly (sorry for wall of words) in the beginning of this match we are circling and I was like, "hey man, can we circle the other way, I'm getting dizzy." And he was like yeah and started to go the other way lol!

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox
    first things first your non rubberguarding leg was all loose and floppy, its got to be either tight in the hip or double bagging or in crackhead, thats why he powerd out of it, its all about the clinch. Carni was decent, sometimes that just happens

Array

School
    Right, I totally noticed the loosely goosey opposite leg, but usually it's loosey goosey because my flexibility is bad (working on it!) and also (no excuse just an added bonus to it being loosely goosey) is that it baits them into stepping over which is what I want for the carni. Afterwards I went back to the gym and put people In carni and had it with toes pointed up, and then trying again with toes down, and that toes down thing really does stop them from rolling. Thanks for your thoughts bro! I will work on always being tighter for sure! ill do more kegel exercises, lol!

Array

School
    Reppin 10thP Ronin
    I agree bro, the non rubber gaurd leg has to stay tight, everything has to be tight.Either on the hip or across the back.When you pull rubber gaurd you have to squeeze your knees together, keep your stomach tight like your doing crunches. You don't want to give your opponent any space to move.

Array

School
    Reppin 10thP Ronin
    Oh yeah, and try to hook lower on his leg for the carni to prevent the roll.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    I used to hit the carni a lot but people learned to cross knee pass instead of stepping into a semi half guard position. Just be aware.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Thanks for the tips guys! I never thought about riding the knee through to pass good point! Well I competed Saturday and I actually hit the carni this time! - I learned! Toes down! Lol... Here it is..

I realize the ref messed up our positions now but oh well I guess.

Thoughts? Thanks guys!

Array

School
    Reppin 10thP Ronin
    Nice! !!