Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 10,000 reps

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    I doubt a lot of people have gotten the actual 10,000. They may feel they have, but that's a lot more than most realize. I mean it's obviously not impossible,but that is a lot of time spent drilling one tech. I'm pretty sure I only have a few. Maybe the arm crush. There aren't many I could say I've positively done 10,000 times.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I have not gotten 10,000. But before I'm done, those will be the techs I probably reach first. I don't keep track, so ill never know. I have no problem drilling these a couple times a week every week.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I love the idea of repping something so much. I'm tempted to pick a technique to do it with.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    The warm up series is probably what most people will will have hit 10000 first

That being said Ive definitely shrimped and bridged over 10,000 times.
    Last edited by Ryan Brick; 08-13-2013 at 06:11 AM.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    while still not probably 10,000 times, The technigue I learned on first day of class was elbow escape from mount. After more than 10 years of that being my goto mount escape, teaching it and having it part of my warmup series for a while, I must be real close. I have been working hard on old school sweep from lockdown since 2004. Must be well in the 5000 reps of that, I use it every night multiple times. Sometimes close to 10 times per night. My latest project in the North south choke. I have dedicated 2 solid years of going for it every single time I get to side control. Has to be well on the way to hitting 10,000 in 8 more years If I stick with it.
    Last edited by Greg W; 08-13-2013 at 07:07 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg W View Post
    while still not probably 10,000 times, The technigue I learned on first day of class was elbow escape from mount. After more than 10 years of that being my goto mount escape, teaching it and having it part of my warmup series for a while, I must be real close. I have been working hard on old school sweep from lockdown since 2004. Must be well in the 5000 reps of that, I use it every night multiple times. Somethimes close to 10 times per night. My latest project in the North south choke. I have dedicated 2 solid years of going for it every single time I get to side control. Has to be well on the way to hitting 10,000 in 8 more years If I stick with it.
    8 years you're going to hard a Marcelo N/S choke!
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Unfortuneatly I dont believe I have gotten close to 10,000 reps. But I have the rest of my life to do so.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    10th Planet Enterprise
    When our gym first started exploring the 10,000 rep idea Brandon stuck a few of us on it. He assigned each of us certain areas in our game that had holes, gave us 3ish techniques from there and gave us a deadline. I got 3,000 reps on passing the lockdown and passing open guard in about 4 months. I had 1,000 reps on the no hands, twister, and step back pass from top half and also 1,000 of each of the M series. In total 6,000 passing reps. Once that was done I was able to pass with ease in live sparring with anyone my experience or lower. 10,000 is out goal, but 10,000 dead reps (especially on only 1 technique) seems like complete overkill and 1 technique in isolation doesn't really make sense so you lose the context of it. We have found that doing around 2,000 to 3,000 dead reps is enough to start hitting it live and from there eventually you will hit 10,000 if you do it regularly while rolling. We also try to rep an idea or a principle not necessarily 1 technique. For example, passing in general is an idea so learning 1 pass an doing it 10,000 times doesn't necessarily teach you the principles behind passing even if it does give you 1 unstoppable pass.

My favorite way to drill right now is sequencing. I take techniques I know I can already do and I make them seamless in transition. Ive been on an x guard kick so ive been drilling entering x guard to the sweep to the pass to the top position to the back to the finish all as on rep.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    I personally haven't played with the idea of doing that many reps too extensively. I usually take a position, 2 submissions, and maybe 2 escapes and I get there and use them in every roll for two or three months. That's how I develop and try to get in as many reps as possible. I also watch a lot of videos. Take mental notes on them and rewatch the same move over and over. That helps me when I roll. It's like getting twice the reps.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Davis View Post
    When our gym first started exploring the 10,000 rep idea Brandon stuck a few of us on it. He assigned each of us certain areas in our game that had holes, gave us 3ish techniques from there and gave us a deadline. I got 3,000 reps on passing the lockdown and passing open guard in about 4 months. I had 1,000 reps on the no hands, twister, and step back pass from top half and also 1,000 of each of the M series. In total 6,000 passing reps. Once that was done I was able to pass with ease in live sparring with anyone my experience or lower. 10,000 is out goal, but 10,000 dead reps (especially on only 1 technique) seems like complete overkill and 1 technique in isolation doesn't really make sense so you lose the context of it. We have found that doing around 2,000 to 3,000 dead reps is enough to start hitting it live and from there eventually you will hit 10,000 if you do it regularly while rolling. We also try to rep an idea or a principle not necessarily 1 technique. For example, passing in general is an idea so learning 1 pass an doing it 10,000 times doesn't necessarily teach you the principles behind passing even if it does give you 1 unstoppable pass.

My favorite way to drill right now is sequencing. I take techniques I know I can already do and I make them seamless in transition. Ive been on an x guard kick so ive been drilling entering x guard to the sweep to the pass to the top position to the back to the finish all as on rep.
    It takes you 2000-3000 dead reps before you are able to hit something live?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast