Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gillette View Post
    Marketing is often the most overlooked thing in martial arts business. Be prepared to spend money on marketing if you want to grow. Getting people in the door is the most difficult part. Have a proper website that is easy to navigate and offers the info people want.

Always remember, You're trying to get people in the door that do not know anything about jiu jitsu or martial arts. That means keep your marketing directed towards those people. Don't use slang terms that only people involved in jiu jitsu would understand. Nobody cares about affiliates or logos in the beginning. They don't know the difference between Gracie Barra, 10th Planet or Japanese Ju jitsu for that matter.
    This is legit spoken from a dude that has two huge schools and well over a hundred students.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    I ran a moon here in St. Louis for two years. My best advice would be running your school should be your only job. I tried running a moon and working a full time job that I work 50 hrs a week at and it was just too much. I worked part time when we first opened and that wasnt too bad but then my wife went out on medical leave and was unable to return to work. This forced me to return to full time for the insurance. Doing both I was working about 100 hours a week. I know a lot of guys on here have did more for longer but two years of that took a big toll on me and my family. That being said I hope to someday return and open another moon.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234