Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    Probably what has attributed to the success of guys like Buchecha.
    Yep and Jackson Sousa, Lucas Leite, Michelle Nicolini, Joao Assis, Cavaca and many more. Checkmat have been killing it as of late. But for sure Buchecha is the guy spearheading that with his success. He moves like a guy half his size. Pure powerhouse. I seriously hope we see him vs Vinny again.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    That's exactly how to win tournaments. Eventually we will be big enough to do something similar but for submission only tournaments. My hope is that the sub only game continues to grow to the point where eventually, sometime in the future it will be all we will focus on. Thank you Brent. Attachment 2244
    6 of us will be there competing. Every three weeks right now there is a tournament around here so it is a non stop training camp untill the season ends in Nov.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Cant wait for worlds in long beach! :d
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    I thought GBs main strategy for success was sheer numbers. If you send several hundred guys, 10% placing is still thirty medals

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    I thought GBs main strategy for success was sheer numbers. If you send several hundred guys, 10% placing is still thirty medals
    Gotta compete with Alliance, while not as strong numerically, their champions and black belts are certified murders. I could name 5 black Pan Am and Mundial Champions off the top of my head. They have a similar structure to training for competitions like GB. Reason why Atos is killing on the individual level with Galvao, the Mendes Brothers and now the addition of JT Torres and Keenan are not winning team titles because they don't have the division flooded like Alliance and Gracie Barra. 10th Planet is fucking huge, but sadly divided by distance a lot of the time. If we had warriors showing up to No-Gi worlds from Montreal, Rochester, (Big Cat and Meija would turn the blue belt division into a fucking nightmare) San Francisco, Decatur, Gulf Shores, Chicago, Richmond and along with the other California and Canadian affiliates, I think the Brazilian Teams would shit their pants at how deep Eddie's system really has grown over the last ten years.
    Last edited by Kyle Spalla; 08-29-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    Gotta compete with Alliance, while not as strong numerically, their champions and black belts are certified murders. I could name 5 black Pan Am and Mundial Champions off the top of my head. They have a similar structure to training for competitions like GB. Reason why Atos is killing on the individual level with Galvao, the Mendes Brothers and now the addition of JT Torres and Keenan are not winning team titles because they don't have the division flooded like Alliance and Gracie Barra. 10th Planet is fucking huge, but sadly divided by distance a lot of the time. If we had warriors showing up to No-Gi worlds from Montreal, Rochester, (Big Cat and Meija would turn the blue belt division into a fucking nightmare) San Francisco, Decatur, Gulf Shores, Chicago, Richmond and along with the other California and Canadian affiliates, I think the Brazilian Teams would shit their pants at how deep Eddie's system really has grown over the last ten years.
    could you imagine how big the brackets would have to be
    Facebook, Twitter check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Pheonix00789
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Pheonix_00789
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/phoenix_00789

Array

School
    Spartan Club Ireland
    Is anyone from HQ going to be competing in the worlds?

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Kyle, I think the Brazilians would do the Scrooge McDuck and swim through mountains of cash from all those 10P registration fees and ridiculously priced celebration Acai bowls

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_littell View Post
    Being at barra hq has shown me a lot about how to set up your team to win championships. I thought I would share this obvious information with the group

1. They have year round competition classes by invite only. They happen three times a week. When I go, they work on techniques specific to winning tourneys, like dealing with stalling, pulling guard, etc.

2. Three weeks before the big tourneys, they get a worldwide training camp. It's five days a week, 2.5 hours a day. It's run by a major professor. This year they had two camps with ze radiola (braulio, Otavio Sousa, vitor estimas coach) and one with draculino. During the camp they do conditioning, strategy, and lots of drilling and sparring.

3. They have inter affiliate tournaments for guys to get practice competing. These happen about a month before the major competition.

Thus, when big comps come around, they are peaking. If 10th planet doesn't start using a similar system, then I don't know if they will be able to compete
    Great post Brent.

My observations or just my thoughts. I would love see more discussion on this topic. I don't mean this to be negative in anyway!

What about 10th Planet competing at the Black belt level??? I know the organization is still young!!!! But MOST of our black belts are around 30, 30+ years old before they receive their Black belt. ALL of those other organizations Brent is talking about have HUGE pools of talented kids and teens!

Just about all the Top competitors in the World are Black belts by the time they're 24 (give or take).

I just feel if 10th Planet wants to be a top team in the Black belt divisions. There needs to be more focus on kids-teens enrollment and retention. Those other organizations aren't going anywhere because they all ready have their next generation of Champions.
    Last edited by Jack LaBarge; 08-30-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Pretty tough to get a 10P blackbelt imo. Look at total destroyers like Alder, Landry, Herzog; all amazing, all of them roll and hang with other blackbelts on the mats, but all of them are brown still.

I just can't see 19 and 20 years olds hanging with guys like the three listed above. Prokopos is an exception to the rule because he is from space and not human.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast