Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox

Amazing kimura from Cyborg

I haven't come anywhere close to hitting this in actual rolling but it's fun to drill.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I get a heart on when watching Cyborg Abreu

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Whenever I invert like that guys posture up and I end up rolling back into leg lock territory. Trust me, I've tried so many times to hit that tornado guard. Maybe I'm just slow and they see it a mile away, or maybe I'm just comfortable with leg locks so instead of pursuing the tornado path, I just revert to my comfort zones. Either way, I absolutely love this entry when playing traditional half guard.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    on the tornado dvd, he talks about all the options from here when the guy sprawls or postures. there are way more options for those situations than there are for actually getting the sweep.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    Man I love that inverted shit. Thanks for posting

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    on the tornado dvd, he talks about all the options from here when the guy sprawls or postures. there are way more options for those situations than there are for actually getting the sweep.
    Oh, trust me I know. I'm a youtube instructional junkie. Not just that, but I'm a huge Cyborg fan. Being a big boy, I basically wanna be like him when I grow up, haha.

When he was first promo-ing that no gi tornado DVD, I watched all the promos like 100x so I know there are a lot of options. But without fail, I always end up snatching up knee bar attempts. I think I just feel it there. And with my weight, going from inverted to rolling backward to my knees to bump the guy onto his back...while they're posturing......well the momentum carries me like a bit of a wrecking ball and I end up in a bit of a russian cowboy position. So I guess sometimes I do use my weight advantage.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Oh, trust me I know. I'm a youtube instructional junkie. Not just that, but I'm a huge Cyborg fan. Being a big boy, I basically wanna be like him when I grow up, haha.

When he was first promo-ing that no gi tornado DVD, I watched all the promos like 100x so I know there are a lot of options. But without fail, I always end up snatching up knee bar attempts. I think I just feel it there. And with my weight, going from inverted to rolling backward to my knees to bump the guy onto his back...while they're posturing......well the momentum carries me like a bit of a wrecking ball and I end up in a bit of a russian cowboy position. So I guess sometimes I do use my weight advantage.
    Braulio plays this. If you have success keep playin.

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    I have success with this! The triangle when they sprawl is a life saver as well!

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    I honestly had never heard of tornado guard haha

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    I've played with that sweep years back. Awesome stuff cyborg does, although it wasn't for me. I'm a big fan of his and I love to see a heavyweight with a high finesse game like cyborg.

I always wondered how that style matched up against a deep-half game? Seems like it could be the kryptonite to his tornado series. Anyone use this tornado sweep and tried it on a deep half guard player?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast