Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Yockel View Post
    2 on 1 marcelo style sweeps from butterfly guard is my new shit!!!
    I 2nd this. Marcelo is the man to emulate.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    RONIN
    I enjoy the over/under from butterfly, as well as marcelo's basic nogi sweeps. However, the power of the 2on1 butterfly is HULK LIKE! I only us the over/under as a transition point now to flow between half guard and rubber guard. The 2on1 is a money sweep. Its the mechanic of the butterfly

Array

School
    cobra kai
    So I looked up the 2 on 1 sweep. It looks like he falls more on his back than to his side, is that correct?

Array

School
    Drysdale Jiu Jitsu EP
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Ho View Post
    I am the master of butterfly sweeps. I feel the best way to control the body and sweep is via homie control. Overhooks are also good, but you have to develop good control and squeeze with the overhook. Try to angle your body towards the side that is not overhooked. This will make it much harder for your opponent to get out. Marcelo Garcia is amazing at butterfly sweeps. His style is not very clinch oriented. There is so much nuance in using butterfly sweeps. It's like an art unto itself.
    You showed that set up on one the MTSs. I can't remember which one though.... Could help him seeing you do it

Well as this being my go to guard and me being relatively new and unexperienced what helped me was the basics, if someones aggressively coming forward plant your feet on their hips to stop them from going forward and keep them at bay, if you have a two on one then if he comes forward you can sweep to take the back. Personally i prefer having head and an arm on the tricep, Marcelo sweeps all the time from here, you can bait them into an omoplata/jiuclaw as well. I found that it was all about me controlling the distance and space, if i feel like I'm uncomfortable then i back out and try to establish a grip. Personally i dont use underhooks because guys just t-rex and its a battle just to establish it. When in close under/over hooks. Mid-long distance head and arm and 2 on 1. All pretty basic but it works for me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12