Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by JHouse View Post
    If you research the top athletes in the world, they share one major commonality: Focus. They aren't doing this and that, that and this, they're just training and focusing on one skill set (usually).

In 2003, I stopped doing all the things I liked, and instead, focused on what I loved. It made a colossal difference in my DJing and web design skills, plus made me happier. I later lived in an office for a year, that I turned into a music studio so I could practice (loudly) till 4am and not worry about disturbing the neighbors. Was kinda stressful, but damn, it paid off.

Do what you love to do...
    Powerful!
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    Its so worth it!!!

Array

School
    asylum/MFS 10th planet Chicago
    id be happy to just be off the grid, hunting and fishing for my food , i think the rest could fall into place. oh yeh and never pay taxes ever again i probably could have retired already.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    It's good to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way. Responsibility is extremely overrated. Fighting is an oasis of nirvana in a world of anxiety.

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Davidson View Post
    It's good to know that I'm not the only one who feels this way. Responsibility is extremely overrated. Fighting is an oasis of nirvana in a world of anxiety.
    Agreed
    Facebook, Twitter check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Pheonix00789
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Pheonix_00789
    Instagram: http://instagram.com/phoenix_00789

Sam Sales

man its tough, I couldn't do it.
    Its sick to be training everyday sure, but when you have a wife and kids and they need feeding, clothing etc and are used to a certain income every month, its just too much of a risk for me. The constant pressure of worrying about if enough students will come each month so I can manage to pay the rent would be too much for me.
    Most of the guys I know that run schools aren't exactly swimming in cash. Even black belts. Not that life is all about money, but it makes things easier. Plus the pressures of the financial stuff can quickly deflate your love for what you were doing in the first place.

Now this is isn't to say, don't follow your dreams etc, just there is alot to think about. It's not just a matter of opening up an academy, train all day living the dream (this part may be easy) but the rest of it, like paying the bills and stuff is always looming in your mind.

Good luck.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    It's what to do if you want to be a champion ;D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12