Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    cobra kai

Any of you guys train in Las Vegas?

I'll be heading there for 6 months and would like to join a gym out there, preferably a gym that also does gi. I saw on the locations page that there aren't any 10p gyms.

Array

School
    10th planet las vegas
    Quote Originally Posted by ml82 View Post
    I'll be heading there for 6 months and would like to join a gym out there, preferably a gym that also does gi. I saw on the locations page that there aren't any 10p gyms.
    im from vegas and your best bet would probally be cobra kai. theyre really 10thp friendly there and the instructor sim is really good. i met a girl that trains at cobra kai at a naga but she reps 10th planet , she fights in tuffnuff and scott epstein corners her she said. thats how she spotted me out i had on a west la rashguard. syndicate is a really good gym to train at also especially for mma. im pretty sure the jiu jitsu instructor is still vinny magalhaes.. if you dont know who that is you should haha my instructor trains at team mica and talks very highly of it but i have no idea how 10p friendly the instructor mica is.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Cobra Kai is the spot in Vegas for 10p heads
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Let me know if you drop by Cobra Kai man

Array

School
    Sergio Penha
    I've trained at almost all of the gyms in town. There are a ton of great options. I train at Sergio Penha's. I find Sergio's technique to be far above everyone else in town. I also feel like we have the most family and friendly atmosphere that still trains really hard. Sergios' worked with everyone from Sakuraba, Mir, Galvao, Jacare and a ton more. Come by for a week and check it out.

Steve Cantwell (WEC champ and UFC vet) is a Sergio blackbelt that teaches at One Kick's Gym. Best kickboxing in town. Steve's a great teacher too.

If I didn't train with Sergio I'd probably be with Sim at CK. Sim's got a beautiful game and is an excellent teacher, probably one of the most underated in the country.

I got to hang out with Robert Follis at Randy's and was extremely impressed with is teaching. Very cool guy and co-founder of Team Quest.

Fredson and Vinny are at Syndicate. Vinny is 10planet and Fredson is a badass, just be aware that he rolls hard, with everyone haha.

I only trained at Drysdale's once and have never been to Mica's so i can't say what they're really like. I think Abmar is teaching at Robert's.

Wand's place is cool but more of an MMA school. He's a super nice guy and very welcoming. I belive Demente is teaching there now.

Rodrigo Botti is a Leo Viera guy and is at The Pitt. Cool guy but I've never taken a class with him. Just hung out with him a bit when we interviewed Leo.

Array

School
    cobra kai
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenMatRadio View Post
    I've trained at almost all of the gyms in town. There are a ton of great options. I train at Sergio Penha's. I find Sergio's technique to be far above everyone else in town. I also feel like we have the most family and friendly atmosphere that still trains really hard. Sergios' worked with everyone from Sakuraba, Mir, Galvao, Jacare and a ton more. Come by for a week and check it out.

Steve Cantwell (WEC champ and UFC vet) is a Sergio blackbelt that teaches at One Kick's Gym. Best kickboxing in town. Steve's a great teacher too.

If I didn't train with Sergio I'd probably be with Sim at CK. Sim's got a beautiful game and is an excellent teacher, probably one of the most underated in the country.

I got to hang out with Robert Follis at Randy's and was extremely impressed with is teaching. Very cool guy and co-founder of Team Quest.

Fredson and Vinny are at Syndicate. Vinny is 10planet and Fredson is a badass, just be aware that he rolls hard, with everyone haha.

I only trained at Drysdale's once and have never been to Mica's so i can't say what they're really like. I think Abmar is teaching at Robert's.

Wand's place is cool but more of an MMA school. He's a super nice guy and very welcoming. I belive Demente is teaching there now.

Rodrigo Botti is a Leo Viera guy and is at The Pitt. Cool guy but I've never taken a class with him. Just hung out with him a bit when we interviewed Leo.
    Sergio penhas school seems cool, but how much does he charge a month? Same with vinny's school, also does vinny's school do gi as well?

As far as cobra kai goes, do they not have a black belt instructor?

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Simpson Go is about as legit as a black belt instructor as it gets.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Is Segio Penha ok with students playing rubber guard?
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Sonny Nohara should also be on that list of BJJ schools in Vegas, that's where I'd be if not at CK. Syndicate does have gi, no clue on pricing outside of CK.

Sim teaches all classes except Wednesday @ 7pm and the beginner class on Saturday. The Wednesday class is taught by Jerry Shapiro, also a blackbelt, and the Saturday class is taught by a brown Drigo Rodriguez (who has a really good truck).

http://www.bjjheroes.com/bjj-fighters/sim-go

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Paul, we need to train sometime. We know all the same people, post on the same forums and train in the same city lol. I won't miss the next big Vegas open mat

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast