Array

School
    vancouver, washington

10th planet school around Vancouver, WA or even a little farther north?

I saw some post where someone was teaching at 10th planet jiujitsu at fisticuffs (in vancouver, wa) but thats a couple of years old. I have trained in a lot of different martial arts over the years and in 2009/2010 i just stopped, and I was training at an mma gym (thats now closed down) in battleground, wa. A lot of the gyms/places I've been to, they have had some good instructors and such but just have never really liked the environment, last place a lot of the guys were like former wrestlers/jocks and didn't vibe with me. I also have some chronic health conditions (which are mostly genetic) that I've had to deal with, which is another reason I stopped training. I feel like im getting better enough I could train somewhere.

I don't see anywhere in Vancouver, WA though for 10th planet jiujitsu. I have almost all of Eddie Bravo's books (except one i think?). I don't make a whole lot of money (only make minimum wage and was cut down to 30 hours, have started a business and a few side jobs though) too so I can't afford to go to or visit the one location in portland.

I've tried to find a few training partners to train/practice with but its hit and miss. I know its a gracie thing but I like the idea about Gracie Garages like unofficial training gyms/locations, maybe for 10th planet jiujitsu?

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Fisticuffs has 3 MMA fighters that are 10th planet guys. We used to have a hotbox there and I believe they're in the works for another. Ask for James Gamet, Steven Chang, or Mo Abed and say you want to learn 10th planet. Tell them I sent you from the forum.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    But you should still try and make it to Portland since you're so close. To at least watch a class. Orchard and Phil are on another level.

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Yes sir we have been teaching some 10th planet game at fisticuffs, and we are in the mix of making it a hotbox. Right now I just received my Purple belt from Nathan Orchard, so I more of a push at the gym to get more mat time. It is currently just wed at 630-9. But like Smith said, come down to 10th planet Portland and get some rolls in!!!