Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Berimbolo

I've been using this defense recently (still waiting for name change by mod so sorry for the non-real name sn)

Edit: I'd also check out what Leandro Lo does w/ De La Riva Guard Passing, BJJ Scout has videos on it. Another thing I've been doing since I've seen the video a while back. Most of the matches he uses to show his defense are in the Gi for the most part, so that should help her Gi berimbolo defense.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by CTGRXB View Post
    I've been using this defense recently (still waiting for name change by mod so sorry for the non-real name sn)

This, and also watch Tape on how Justin Rader handles it in competition. Good luck spiraling/DLR/Berimbolo-ing that guy

Leandro Lo video

this is a totally legit counter, i have used it a couple of times.

that said, i think you're going to encounter lots of problems if you let your opponent get that far in to spinning. lo doesn't even let his opponents get deep enough to start the berimbolo.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    You’re “A” game. On this upcoming event, work you’re A game against their game, whatever it is. That will be better than adding something new this close to a big event you’ve traveled for. For example: Go pull guard. If they double guard pull on you, come up and work your best pass instead of playing their game since Cora doesn’t work the “butt flop” position much. If you come up from a double guard pull, IBJJF gives you an advantage point anyway. Not that you love that sort of thing, but it puts just that much more pressure on them not to stall.

That said, what I would do there with MY game is leg locks or capioeta style passing… but the leg locks are illegal for you guys now in IBJJF anyway…

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)

coincidentally, I stumbled onto this. A detailed breakdown of Rafa stack passing Joao Miyao. Granted, Rafa didnt pass but who, besides Keenan, can pass on a Miyao bro? But you'll see how well under passing can counteract inverting. Might help.

Array

School

Edit: I'd also check out what Leandro Lo does w/ De La Riva Guard Passing, BJJ Scout has videos on it. Another thing I've been doing since I've seen the video a while back. Most of the matches he uses to show his defense are in the Gi for the most part, so that should help her Gi berimbolo defense.

Awww damn this is great.

Array

School
    Leandro Lo video

Damn. Lo is my favorite standing passer. I've done so much under passing that even my over passes start from the knees. Lo makes me wanna be a killer standing passer.

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Thank you guys, all these are great. Been studying both the videos of Xande and Lo. Lo method is to prevent it from happening all together and I'm into prevention.. And Xande is just in case something go wrong in the prevention and it got that far. AWESOME!!!!

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    prevention is key. once they get deep, at the very least, you are losing position. diving over the bolo is a bad idea. going for leg locks there end up with you just getting sucked in deeper. prevent the dlr. stay away from the double boot scoot.

i advise you guys study the bolo, add it to cora's game. she needs to know what is going on there. then try to prevent it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast