Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    I am trying to give constructive criticisms. We are both the same belt, it wouldn't bequeath either of us to assume we know more than the other. You should post the videos of you hitting it in competition though, that would definitely boost the credibility of the move. I woupd also enjoy knowing of any matches where it was used as a sweep, because I have honestly never seen it
    cool, explain how it is higher percentage. explain the details.

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    He just sat there when rafa had the underhook. He was obviously not worried about the calf slicer being finished. When rafa switched to waist control, all the sudden cob was in full escape mode.

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Applegate View Post
    cool, explain how it is higher percentage. explain the details.
    Its higher percentage because it has actually been done in high level matches and isn't mostly speculative.

Array

School
    match #2. this was from gracie worlds 2013. it was last july. i finished the guy with waist grips. since then, people have been catching on to this game. once they started to catch on and started defending the calf crush, i started going to the back, then they were getting away in the scramble. i started looking for a better way to capitalize on the crush and keep them from scrambling. that led me to the over under variation. like x-guard with the calf crush. it then became a debate about which clinch is stronger and higher percentage. the x clinch, in my experience, is a much higher percentage clinch than the double unders to the back. i found the video of rafa after i had been playing with this idea. that further reinforced my belief in it.

since switching, my percentages of finishing or sweeping have dramatically increased. there is also a delariva counter calf crush, that utilizes the same control. that crush leads to a pass.

the double unders path to the back, requires a release to switch to the seatbelt. the x clinch to the top does not require a release in clinch between positions. if clinch=control nogi, then by philosophy, the x clinch is better.

if you have other evidence that the unders path is better, id like to hear it; as i play this position A LOT.

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Thanks, I am mobile so I can't watch the match till later. I will watch and comment further

He just sat there when rafa had the underhook. He was obviously not worried about the calf slicer being finished. When rafa switched to waist control, all the sudden cob was in full escape mode.
    Rafa actually shows it as a sweep in his nogi calsses with the waist grip. he calls it the kiss of the tiger and he shows a really cool way to sweep, get the back, and finish the calf slicer. All from the waist grip. It's very cool. I prefer the waist grip just because I think it's a little more versatile. Without the waist grip I can sweep or finish, but with the waist grip I can sweep or finish, but also get the back too.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMike2k9 View Post
    Rafa actually shows it as a sweep in his nogi calsses with the waist grip. he calls it the kiss of the tiger and he shows a really cool way to sweep, get the back, and finish the calf slicer. All from the waist grip. It's very cool. I prefer the waist grip just because I think it's a little more versatile. Without the waist grip I can sweep or finish, but with the waist grip I can sweep or finish, but also get the back too.
    thats legit, id love to see some video of rafa talking on this position.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Cobrinha didn't even feel the need to try to escape until Rafa went for the waist control, leading me to think he didn't feel any danger until that point.

I am trying to give constructive criticisms. We are both the same belt, it wouldn't bequeath either of us to assume we know more than the other. You should post the videos of you hitting it in competition though, that would definitely boost the credibility of the move. I woupd also enjoy knowing of any matches where it was used as a sweep, because I have honestly never seen it
    Cobrinha is pretty much un-leglockable. So I doubt he felt much danger through the whole submission and was just waiting for an opening to escape. If you really look at it Rafa lets go of the triangle when he passes the leg over his head and starts to move to take the back not to try to finish the calf slicer. Thats when Cobrinha escapes.
    Theres this slick ham sandwich that you can hit from Deep half. You dont finish with waist control, you finish wrapping your arms around the leg thats in Deep Half. Very powerful too.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Brent was hitting this today, very awesome move Sean

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Alexander View Post
    Brent was hitting this today, very awesome move Sean
    Just couldnt get the finish!
    #10thplanetFREAKS