Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Combat Society
    Yeah when I started MTS would have been too much for me. Books were perfect for learning the basic of the half guard and just trying to get the lockdown, then jaws of life and so on. They're laid out in a logical order in the books so it really helped me. Although you could just get MTS for a month and see what you think. Wouldn't cost you much.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I learned the system and the path from the books and the tech from the vids. You shoulda seen my kung-fu move before tha vidz. Yikes.

I tell people to read the books just to get a feel for Eddie. Jj is a long journey and you wanna make sure your not blindly following anyones advice. Eddie can be a genuine instructor 3000 miles away. MTS is by far the best resource imo. But all resources are better.

Array

School
    Indianapolis, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    I learned the system and the path from the books and the tech from the vids. You shoulda seen my kung-fu move before tha vidz. Yikes.

I tell people to read the books just to get a feel for Eddie. Jj is a long journey and you wanna make sure your not blindly following anyones advice. Eddie can be a genuine instructor 3000 miles away. MTS is by far the best resource imo. But all resources are better.
    I didn't know you could read, Bobby!! Congrats bro, you have to teach me!! LOL

As far as the original question, I have all of the above but initially learned the rubber guard from Eddie's DVDs. Both the rubber Guard and Twister DVD are outstanding and break everything down in detail but I think if you are interested in learning the system the Rubber Guard DVD set is a great place to start and as you master the "basic path", you can then continue to build your arsenal as you progress.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    It has a lot of pictures.

Array

School
    Indianapolis, IN
    Lmao!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    it has a lot of pictures.

Array

School
    10th Planet Altoona
    MTS is where it's at. I have the DVD's but MTS breaks it down another level.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12