Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Array

School
    10th Planet & Nova Uniao
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Its all grappling. To focus on one is subdividing. Incorporate all effective techs regardless of origin. Especially since they are now so readily available. They grew into distinct and separate categories through isolation. In this day and age, this is just not the case. Plus you gotta get to the ground somehow and bein on top is good. Wrestling is already a fundamental part of sub grappling just without focus on subs. Don't put limitations on your growth.

I learned this the hard way.
    Well stated!!

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Jacksonville
    lol i know, though i hate to say it, my better instinct tells me he may not last long in wrestling as it is because of his short temper, and bad sportsmanship. if he cant take losing a board game (even on family game nights, i've seen) he will not do well as a grappler when someone beats him or dominates him. as soon as they start to dominate he's gonna get frustrated, forget to breath and practicaly give the match away. but who knows.

i've offered him a fight at my BJJ school where i train, he hasnt shown once nor mentioned it since.

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    Quote Originally Posted by stlnl View Post
    I have a better idea, do the entire BJJ/10th planet world a favor, dont get the dude anywhere near a class. He has all the tell tale signs of douchebag spazz machine. Just a train wreck waiting to happen.
    yeah that idea was at the beck of my mind to, probably the better option...

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    lol i know, though i hate to say it, my better instinct tells me he may not last long in wrestling as it is because of his short temper, and bad sportsmanship. if he cant take losing a board game (even on family game nights, i've seen) he will not do well as a grappler when someone beats him or dominates him. as soon as they start to dominate he's gonna get frustrated, forget to breath and practicaly give the match away. but who knows.

i've offered him a fight at my BJJ school where i train, he hasnt shown once nor mentioned it since.
    it seems pretty obvious to me that your friend is just talk, the sort of guy that talks shit about how he can bash people up while the last thing he wants to do is get into a fight

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Jacksonville
    lol its gotten kinda to the point where if he shows his ego i just say, submission over position.
    kinda cuts into him after the whole talk of, "you dont even know wtf your doin yet, sure you get a position, then what? if im on my back, im fine with that, im comfortable from various positions."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234