Thread: Duda question

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym

Duda question

I have been really working a lot on my rubber guard options when the zombie fails lately and I have a quick question about the duda. Is there a reason to not triangle your legs when you've transitioned to the duda? Can you apply more pressure just by leg curling and hipping up rather than triangling your legs? Thanks for the answers and any other duda tips you guys can give me! Thanks bros!

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I always try to triangle my legs.

The very first time I went out to HQ, 4saken taught one of the classes and he showed the Duda with the triangle variation.

Sean Applegate has a nasty bicep crush game, too. Best I know of. He could probably wax eloquent on this subject.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan Cook View Post
    I have been really working a lot on my rubber guard options when the zombie fails lately and I have a quick question about the duda. Is there a reason to not triangle your legs when you've transitioned to the duda? Can you apply more pressure just by leg curling and hipping up rather than triangling your legs? Thanks for the answers and any other duda tips you guys can give me! Thanks bros!
    I triangle my legs. I also lock them on the body side and plant my top foot on his hip. It creates a shoulder lock and an arm crush at the same time. Its like the baratoplata, except cooler because its from rubber guard

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I just can't picture how just leg curling would be better than the triangle. Seems to be inferior just picturing it in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    I triangle my legs. I also lock them on the body side and plant my top foot on his hip. It creates a shoulder lock and an arm crush at the same time. Its like the baratoplata, except cooler because its from rubber guard
    I always go head side. I'll have to try your way. I've been going for Dudas more lately and maybe that'll up my percentage.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Rhyno's Gym
    The reason I ask is because in the ARG book Eddie doesn't triangle his legs. I have been triangling mine and locking them on the head side but I'm going to try Sean's version out next time I roll! Thanks for the tips fellas!

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    I thought Eddie was now teaching it with triangling your legs and rolling so your opponent ends up on their back

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by David Ogg View Post
    I thought Eddie was now teaching it with triangling your legs and rolling so your opponent ends up on their back
    That's the way 4saken showed it, and the way I've had the most success with.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site