Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha

Damn! Gabi Garcia popped for doping at worlds!

http://www.usada.org/media/sanction-garcia32614

It says she wasn't at fault, but that's crazy. Sucks our sport is being drug into the mud with all this crazy PED shit too

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    There's no money at stake from the IBJJF. I say its bullshit that they're testing. They're trying to "clean" up the sport, but In reality they aren't helping anyone. Just My 2 cents. If they decided they were gonna do Drug Testing at ADCC I could be on board, but in reality the IBJJF is only causing problems doing it.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    There's no money at stake from the IBJJF. I say its bullshit that they're testing. They're trying to "clean" up the sport, but In reality they aren't helping anyone. Just My 2 cents. If they decided they were gonna do Drug Testing at ADCC I could be on board, but in reality the IBJJF is only causing problems doing it.
    It makes them look more legitimate. It's not to help the sport. It's to help their image. The IBJJF is a private for profit company. Nothing they're doing is "for the sport." This is just to give a more professional appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by BJ Searle View Post
    http://www.usada.org/media/sanction-garcia32614

It says she wasn't at fault, but that's crazy. Sucks our sport is being drug into the mud with all this crazy PED shit too

Nobody's surprised, are they?

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    lmao

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    I think my issue is that even at the Black Belt Level at Worlds/Euros/Pans it's still amateur in the sense that the organization doesn't have them contractually. I'm looking at this from a professional sports level, I don't think there's an issue if the IBJJF Was like the NFL/NHL/NBA/MLB/UFC etc. But it's purely a tournament, however if the IBJJF PRO Division or whatever that bullshit they were doing decided they were gonna make the athletes drop, I could see it because there was something more than "pride" on the line. Lets think about what you win if you win a world championship in the IBJJF, (Pride, a piece of stamped metal, bragging rights) I mean it's a super nonchelant thought process but honestly the IBJJF offers nothing to the participants. Thats why if a big money tourney wanted to drug test ie (ADCC, Metamoris after this one (lol), Grapplers Quest Pro Division) they should, because there's a cash incentive. I don't agree with what the IBJJF is doing at all.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Wancarlos View Post
    Is that Dogs the Bounty Hunter?
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    Yeah, but the woman on the right finally got caught doping after worlds.
    "Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    I just think it's sad. This art was built with technique as the key element. If you need peds you're in the wrong sport.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Maybe if she wasn't 6'8" with the jaw line of Dolph Lundgren, I would be remotely surprised.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast