Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Jarboe View Post
    Maybe I'm just catching up, but where are you getting "pops 7 times?"

There's a part of me that wants to believe that Royler is paying for his arrogance.

It's not a very nice part. But it's a pretty Just part.
    Eddie said it on EBR, and JRE

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    I will say this: when my knee popped during a reverse heel hook, by a guy who cranked too hard and fast, it was not gasses. It was my LCL being damaged. It popped loud and hurt bad, and that wasn't even a serious one. If Eddie says he heard his knee pop seven times, I'm going to assume there's some kind of damage. Not to mention that 5 Rounds breakdown where they show the bone or whatever popping out of Royler's leg.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Take a crow bar an stick it in a door on the hinge side. Now close the door as hard as you can. What happens? The door itself gets damaged (your calf muscle) as well as the hinges pop out (your knee ligament and capsule). Thats what it does to a knee.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Walker View Post
    Eddie said the "7 times" thing himself, a bunch of times.
    Thanks

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Ok, so it popped 7 times and he may be badly hurt. You know what? If he's badly hurt, I think that's stupid. It's not brave, it's stupid and arrogant.

I've heard it said that there is no losing in jiu jitsu. "You either win or you learn." I looked it up and it's attributed to Grand Master Carlos Gracie Sr.

So what's it mean about a dude if he loses 10 years ago, doesn't adapt his style, doesn't learn anything about how to beat the lockdown, doesn't learn anything about how to beat rubber guard...what's it mean if that same guy goes out 10 years later, refuses to tap and gets himself badly hurt?

It's just stubborn.

It involves honor and pride. I wouldn't have tapped if I were in his shoes, and I'm glad he didn't. Ya'll may give him smack, but he's a fighter through and through.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    Too proud to learn? I never want to be that proud.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    I have personally torn apart knees with slicers, I know I can be done. I'm certain roylers leg is jacked..

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Davidson View Post
    I will say this: when my knee popped during a reverse heel hook, by a guy who cranked too hard and fast, it was not gasses. It was my LCL being damaged. It popped loud and hurt bad, and that wasn't even a serious one. If Eddie says he heard his knee pop seven times, I'm going to assume there's some kind of damage. Not to mention that 5 Rounds breakdown where they show the bone or whatever popping out of Royler's leg.

im not saying that ther wasnt any damage down. im just saying that thats what the noises are. you can always hve the noises and damage but having the noise doesnt imply that there is damage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12