Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    I DO know what you're saying BUT I dont think caio terra has much problem getting smashed.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    JJ is the apex activity for increasing jiu jitsu skill, for sure. But I'm looking to add anything that will aid me in my training.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass

Array

School
    Rōnin
    sissy and regular squats for a tight lock down.

Array

School
    Lookin'
    Cocaine and hookers? Seems to be the go-to response...

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Davidson View Post
    Trust me, Tori, I'm a dwarf compared to the guys I train with. They straight up smother me with their weight.

Thanks guys, keep em comin'! And, Chad, those were never a question--football ingrained those in my mind.
    Learn to move your body better. I used to get super smashed. We have a ton of guys around 190. Lots of good people in the gym..killers. You will still get smashed for a while, but it's worth the time. Focus on moving, making space, recovering guard, basically transitioning from position to position. I still have some trouble sometimes, but not as much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McLaren View Post
    Just for future reference - when a girl says you're not that small it means that you are

Wrong Marty.

What do you weigh anyway Ross?

Doesn't matter your size either way. You can be a beast no matter what. Just focus. :-D I almost never fight someone my size. So what. Be determined, be focused, and MOVE.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    I'm 140 pounds and regularly roll against guys who have 50, 80, sometimes even a hundred pound weight difference and I can handle myself. I lift no weights, just train BJJ. If your technique improves, you won't have to be super strong to be effective. Being small, you need to develop a game that's effective against larger opponents. Even if you're strong, you're still going to be way weaker against a guy who's 50 pounds bigger and in shape. Marcelotines, deep half guard, butterfly guard, rncs, triangles, etc. Find techniques that work with your body and can be effective against guys no matter how big they are.

Watch Marcelo Garcia

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    What cycle of steroids are you currently using?

If the answer is none, there's your problem. Gainz bruh. Gainz

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    Learn to move your body better. I used to get super smashed. We have a ton of guys around 190. Lots of good people in the gym..killers. You will still get smashed for a while, but it's worth the time. Focus on moving, making space, recovering guard, basically transitioning from position to position. I still have some trouble sometimes, but not as much anymore.

Wrong Marty.

What do you weigh anyway Ross?

Doesn't matter your size either way. You can be a beast no matter what. Just focus. :-D I almost never fight someone my size. So what. Be determined, be focused, and MOVE.
    I weigh 155, regularly roll with people 200+. I completely understand the "I need to get better at jiu jitsu" idea. I'm just a white belt. I also completely abandoned weight lifting when I made the switch from football to jiu jitsu. I fucking HATE lifting weights. But even Eddie says that he's been lifting weights the past few years and that he'll never stop (said that on the podcast, can't remember which one).

I'm just looking to help my jiu jitsu in anyway I can. I've started doing hybrid workouts of ginastica natural, yoga, floor gymnastics, and animal crawls which have all greatly improved my passing (I've been pulling off legit passes on my instructor, few and far between, but when it happens they're legit). So if there's anything I can do to help increase the raw material for my body to perform the jiu jitsu I'm learning, I'm going to do it.

I just need to know if there's any specific exercises you all do for our 10P specifics

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Strength mainly counts when you get up to a high level. Like Andre Galvao. Super high level jj..crossfit beast... Anything to increase your flexibility is awesome. And hip strength is huge to me in my personal game. But you can get that from shrimping and hardcore reps on sweeps and transitions etc.

Ross, you only have so much time. What are your jj goals so we can better assist you in the best route?
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast