Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    I started learning 10PJJ from the MTRG DVDs, and online videos. Then I got into a Relson Gracie gym, and I fell in love with the GI. I still love nogi. I love ALL jiujitsu. I still use 10P techniques while in the GI. Since being IN the Gi, my nogi game has improved a lot! My gym is very open minded, and a few of us will be headed to Beaumont next weekend to train with Eazy Beazy, Eddie Bravo.

Gi vs Nogi, WHO GIVES A FUCK?! Just shut up, slap hands, and roll, goddamnit.

Array

School
    Tom Barlow/Kenny Baker Academy Plymouth 10th Planet Ronin
    It amazes me how everyone forgets Bruce Lees philosophy on martial arts. Take from each what works for you the individual. Gi is good for self defence, but then so is nogi. It's a silly argument if you ask me, to train gi and ignore nogi shows extreme closed mindedness. But on the flip side you could argue the opposite. I guess it's all down to the individual, do what you want to do and forget what others think. Keep rolling

Array

School
    Monolith Sambo
    There is plenty of transfer between the two. The real tragedy is that this debate gets rehashed constantly.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor
    My sentiments exactly! My gi coach is fine with me doing different things. Thankfully 10th Planet is reopening in my location so I can get hands on instruction rather than being a Ronin. Not that there is anything wrong with being a Ronin.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123