Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Sbardella MMA/Black Tie BJJ

Couple Rounds from Open Roll

Got some mat time with 2 of my guys last night. Got a couple rounds on tape, and just thought I'd share with everyone. Tried to work a few different techniques last night, BUT this was my 1st day being able to pull Rubber Guard since I popped my knee a little over a month ago. (Felt a little limited)

Roll with one of my smaller guys (17-15) Jose Prieto

lol poor lad lucked defeated after the 5th tap, some nice subs

Array

School

Rolling with one of my 205 guys Andrew Roe (7-1 MMA)

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Are either you or Jose getting much from that beating you put on him?

I would definitely start drilling how to base out of butterfly sweeps. Your guys weren't even attempting to defend them.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    Gray, in all fairness... he's the instructor... those are the students.

Sometimes when I roll with higher level guys, I'll get a bit of Tunnel Vision and miss some very basic things.

I don't think that these videos were put up to show off beatings, I think they were put up to show-off the techniques being executed live.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Are either you or Jose getting much from that beating you put on him?

I would definitely start drilling how to base out of butterfly sweeps. Your guys weren't even attempting to defend them.
    Every now and again I like to roll 2 man lol. I've always had good luck with my butterfly sweeps to be honest. We drill all week and usually have one night a week where we can just have an open mat.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by rickdawson View Post
    Gray, in all fairness... he's the instructor... those are the students.

Sometimes when I roll with higher level guys, I'll get a bit of Tunnel Vision and miss some very basic things.

I don't think that these videos were put up to show off beatings, I think they were put up to show-off the techniques being executed live.
    Thank you. I've been working different techniques into my game lately. Like the Boogey from back and the reverse spider web stuff Orchard has been posting. A lot of good stuff has came out lately.

Array

School
    10th Planet Clare Hot Box
    It never feels like a beating. After drilling all week Friday feels like PLAY TIME. Gotta love it.

Genki Sudo would be proud....

Flying triangles all day!

I like your game man you hit some great triangles especially for coming off a bad knee... That Triangle you hit on the smaller kid after he broke out of the anaconda body lock was nice even on a lower level opponent that was clean stuff :-)

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Sbardella View Post
    Got some mat time with 2 of my guys last night. Got a couple rounds on tape, and just thought I'd share with everyone. Tried to work a few different techniques last night, BUT this was my 1st day being able to pull Rubber Guard since I popped my knee a little over a month ago. (Felt a little limited)

Roll with one of my smaller guys (17-15) Jose Prieto
    Sweet Triangle set-up from the Back at 4:00 !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast