Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    I prefer the chokes, a lot of toughguys will keep attacking with a popped elbow but if they're napping....

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Jacksonville
    lol winter time street fight means ocasional longsleeves/ and or jacket which practicaly turns it into a gi fight. lol collar chokes, ezekiel choke. lol ezekiel wants to play!

choke em out, write "I forgot to tap" on their head. XP

Array

School
    Pablo Popovitch BJJ center and Armando Basulto Academy of Defense

I wouldn't break any limbs

I would not break any limbs. You could just as easily choke someone with a rear naked or a triangle. If it's cold out you could amassa pao with his own jacket.
    I have never been to court for assault charges, but I do have experience with the legal system. I think it would cost you thousands of dollars in legal fees to defend yourself against assault charges. It cost me 2k to defend against a loitering charge and 1k to defend against small marijuana possession.
    And when the guy shows up with a huge cast on arm and their are multiple conflicting witness accounts... "he said this"... "he said that"... the 80-year-old judge doesn't even know what BJJ is... you're probably going to get screwed in court and sued. If you choke him, there's no evidence anything even happened at all.

If anyone has gone to court for arm locking someone and turning their joint inside out, I'd love to hear about it.

Array

School
    NA
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
    I would not break any limbs. You could just as easily choke someone with a rear naked or a triangle. If it's cold out you could amassa pao with his own jacket.
    I have never been to court for assault charges, but I do have experience with the legal system. I think it would cost you thousands of dollars in legal fees to defend yourself against assault charges. It cost me 2k to defend against a loitering charge and 1k to defend against small marijuana possession.
    And when the guy shows up with a huge cast on arm and their are multiple conflicting witness accounts... "he said this"... "he said that"... the 80-year-old judge doesn't even know what BJJ is... you're probably going to get screwed in court and sued. If you choke him, there's no evidence anything even happened at all.

If anyone has gone to court for arm locking someone and turning their joint inside out, I'd love to hear about it.
    I would break limbs...and I don't say that egotistically. For one, just like someone said earlier, "this is what you learned this shit for". If you are in a fight where you are defending your life and you could possibly get your own limbs broken, or stomped on, choked out yourself or whatever, I'm sure if you see an opening to break an arm/leg before the hopeful possibility/opportunity arises to get his neck and end the fight you are going to take the first route right away. Plus, when fights break out depending on where you are and what the situation is, the best thing to do is to try your best not to stick around for any cops. Just sayin...

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by lates85 View Post
    I would break limbs...and I don't say that egotistically. For one, just like someone said earlier, "this is what you learned this shit for". If you are in a fight where you are defending your life and you could possibly get your own limbs broken, or stomped on, choked out yourself or whatever, I'm sure if you see an opening to break an arm/leg before the hopeful possibility/opportunity arises to get his neck and end the fight you are going to take the first route right away. Plus, when fights break out depending on where you are and what the situation is, the best thing to do is to try your best not to stick around for any cops. Just sayin...
    I fully agree with this, your defending yourself and your life.
    the thing you have to always keep in mind is, you have no idea of what their intentions are, where they will stop and in worst case scenario, you have no idea what they may do to you if you get choked out.

Array

School
    NA

this kid kept his composure and believed in the guard....and finished...some good shit

Array

School
    Anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by lates85 View Post

this kid kept his composure and believed in the guard....and finished...some good shit
    I was hoping he would've cinched up that triangle tighter but NICE.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffRace727 View Post
    I was hoping he would've cinched up that triangle tighter but NICE.
    lol same thing i was thinkin, also was hoping he would sink the triangle, trap the arm over and just open up into his face.

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    Choking them out is not always the answer either. In Az cops can't even use chokes. They are considered deadly force. I would read up on local laws before using all your "mad skills"

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Wood View Post
    Choking them out is not always the answer either. In Az cops can't even use chokes. They are considered deadly force. I would read up on local laws before using all your "mad skills"
    Lol, no offence what so ever, but im not a liberal nor believe in handouts/ obamacare. I believe in whats right, and i believe in the military. so please excuse me if i say *&^% that law, the constitution grants me the right to protect myself, my family, and my property.

If I feel my life is in danger and or my families I will (as far as H2H) use what ever tactics I feel are needed to stay alive and protect whats mine.

state laws may have a say but at the end of the day, constitutional right will usualy always come out on top. ^.^

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast