All MMA fights should look like that! 80% jiu jitsu, 20% the other crap :-p

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    The best escape to any submission is not to be there in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by kevin green View Post
    the best escape to any submission is not to be there in the first place
    agreed
    "If you believe, then you have already taken the first step towards your achievement."

Rickson Gracie

www.Primate-Fitness.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha
    He was in spiderweb and then let it go.... what a narb. The wasn't good escaping, it just wasn't good enough submitting.

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Anybody know of any good instructionals out there that cover the use of the Kimura as a tool for control transitions? If used correctly it seems like it can really nullify the value of your opponent's superior position. I have tons of books with kimuras in them but I have yet to see a systematic breakdown of the kimura.

That was pretty badass

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    Another way to escape (not preffered of course) is to TAP...just get it over with already

Array

School
    Port City MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dima View Post
    I dont know lol. I dont see much greatness in those escapes, because its more like the guy can take allot of pain which is kinda hard but theres a bunch of folks that can do that when they know theyre safe. This guy CHOSE to get his limbs damaged that badly and then the escape was more like the attacker going " What the fudge?!" and freezing for a moment lol, Not even close to the greatestb grappling match ever in my opinion, horrible disregard for his body and mediocre technical escapes...
    Dima, do you realize that it only takes 7 1/2 lbs. of pressure to break someones arm? Those were very legit escapes!!! It's not the technicality of the escape that makes it great, but rather the timing in which he made his move to prevent any further leverage from being contorted to his various limbs... But I do agree with you on one thing... I wouldn't say that it is the greatest grappling match ever....

Array

School
    10th planet charlotte
    he should have tapped....but hey if he wants a broke arm or leg thats his choice

Array

School
    Boxing Works
    Hey AJ

Erik Paulson has a DVD set Killer Chicken Wings. (Also Advanced Killer Chicken Wings, but I haven't seen that yet).

It covers it pretty thoroughly, using it as a counter to the bear hug, a counter to a double leg, countering the Kimura from the bottom, attacking the far arm from side control, how to use different grips, how to break defences, attacking the near arm and a few other bits & pieces.

Also, Chris Brennan has a DVD "King of the Kimura". I'm trying to get my hands on a copy now. Looks promising.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast