Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marceloteen

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec

Marceloteen

I was wondering why do we slice our knee in when doing the marceloteen other than keeping a butterfly hook? Would both ways work? I use the butterfly hook to sweep him over if it doesn't work, but then I revisited mts and realized I was missing that detail. Also, one of the mma fighters at our gym was smart enough to protect himself by pulling on my other hand ( non choking hand) any plan b things to do there?

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Just keep his hips on the side of your choking arm your good.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    If he tries to grab your non choking hand, straight up try and get a one arm guillotine — he's defending the wrong arm.

Also, it's important to have your leg opposite your choking arm blocking him from passing, because if he rotates towards your non choking side, not only will he pass, but you'll lose the choke. If he rotates further towards your choking side, he may pass, but the choke will be incredibly tighter, so he wont be trying to pass to that side
    "You know you cannot escape death, but immortality can be obtained."

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    At 1:00:30 Eddie talks about how people defend the choking arm to defend when it's only helping him. But the rest I total agree with u. I always block that side but thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross Davidson View Post
    If he tries to grab your non choking hand, straight up try and get a one arm guillotine — he's defending the wrong arm.

Also, it's important to have your leg opposite your choking arm blocking him from passing, because if he rotates towards your non choking side, not only will he pass, but you'll lose the choke. If he rotates further towards your choking side, he may pass, but the choke will be incredibly tighter, so he wont be trying to pass to that side

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    You use the knee slid under the body on the choking side to frame your opponent when they stack. You use the leg on the non choking side to pull them in when you sink the choke...bc you want to compress everything in when you finish. Like curling into a ball.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    agree with tori, it helps fold them into the choke if that makes more sense? maybe

Array

School
    "Oil Slix" shirtless BJJ Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    You use the knee slid under the body on the choking side to frame your opponent when they stack. You use the leg on the non choking side to pull them in when you sink the choke...bc you want to compress everything in when you finish. Like curling into a ball.

"Blame the IBJJF when, in 30 years you see an academy that nails the phrase, "A Red belt is a Junior black belt that hasn't died yet" on the far wall."

Array

School
    Ronin
    When you nail this you can have an opponent tapping in seconds... Like Eddie's Arm Bar tutorial, this changed my game.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Just keep his hips on the side of your choking arm your good.
    This, you can hit a marcelotoine from anywhere (mount, side, guard, half guard etc.)

Array

School
    In my mind
    Bobby is like a beautiful mind. So fucking odd but utterly gorgeous. His simplicity completes me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast