Array

School
    The Forge BJJ

newbie knee injury

Well I made it to the end of my 2nd week before I hurt my knee. The instructor had us playing around in mount. Top guy was supposed to hook the legs and stay on top while bottom guy experimented. I was in mount and my partner got kind of frustrated that he couldn't get my hooks out and he spazzed, yanking my foot sideways and turning my knee. No pop but it hurt a lot.

I'm not sure how bad it is. It takes weight just fine, but any torque on my foot at all, just during normal around the house use, hurts pretty badly.

I don't really have the cash for a doctor right now. I'm just going to try to stay off it as much as I can, ice, compression, elevation, and hope for the best.

Having that "it was too good to be true" feeling about BJJ right now. Depressing.

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    Getting injured is the worst, I have dealt with meniscus injurys from BJJ and wrestling and I hate losing time on the mat, injurys happen to everyone no matter how long you've been on the mats! The reality is that injury and getting banged up is part of the game and it sound like you just got unlucky. Rest a lot, use ice and if it doesn't improve at all in a week or two you might just need a way to get in touch with a doctor if you want to heal. Keep your head up, take some time off, and watch BJJ videos on the internet!