Array

School
    3rd Wave Jiu jitsu

Training trip to 10th Planet Melbourne

Last week I was able to fly down from Brisbane to 10th Planet Melbourne for a 3 day training trip. Whilst I’d been attending Frank’s seminars since 2007, I’d never had the opportunity to train with him for an extended period of time. When I got there, I found out what I’d been missing out on the last 8 years.

Frank’s infectiously positive attitude towards teaching and learning jiu jitsu, and just life in general made training at 10P Melbourne a whole other experience I was not expecting. I was expecting to get a few pointers, tighten up some moves, and finally get to roll with Frank. All those things I did, but I got so much more out of my trip than I had intended and I ended my trip feeling really inspired and determined to further advance my jiu jitsu.

I was also extremely impressed with the team from 10P Melbourne. Everyone was very skilled and even the white belts were very technical, with killer half-guards. Thanks to Frank and his students, I was able to really refine a lot of the 10P warm-ups and add in a lot of detail I previously missed. Everyone at the gym was also really welcoming and the team had a great sense of community and care for their training partners.

Inspired by 10P Melbourne, I’ve started to implement all the 10P warm ups in my jiu jitsu classes, and making all my white belts (I only have white belts) focus on technique, and create a positive team environment that’s really good for training. Needless to say, now that I’ve tasted 10P crack there’s no going back. I can’t wait to go back to train with Frank later this year, and for anyone who’s even thought about visiting Frank in Melbourne for a second, I would highly recommend it. It’s definitely worth the trip!

Array

School
    10th Planet Hobart
    It sounds like you had a fantastic time Aaron! I just touched down in Melbourne this morning and can't wait to get my own dose of Granklife positivity and 10P Melbourne learning experiences next week.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne
    Our pleasure Aaron!