Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Team R.O.C. (10th planet ronin)

Rolling Kimura Entry From Side Control!?!?!?!?

Just saw this, flows into the Hail Mary warm ups, thought you guys might like it....

https://youtu.be/fAha49kZke0

Array

School
    10th planet Newark
    I'll have to mess with it, especially the control.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    Nice details in there! External rotation is so important to maintain durung a kimura attack. Especially if he is trying to scramble and get his elbow to the mat. it saves my ass every time. ANother rolling kimura opoortunity too. Nice find.

Frank Barca (Grank)
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne
    Affilliate Moon Downunder
    190B Sussex Street, Coburg
    Victoria Australia
    www.10thplanet.com.au
    frank@10thplanet.com.au

Array

School
    Combat Society
    Ryan Hall's open elbow dvds blew my mind with the details on this.

Array

School
    In my mind
    As a big guy, I've always forced the kimura and survived. It wasn't until going against much more technical and smaller guys that I learned rotation and open elbows were crucial.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Lately I've realized that there are moves that I consider "black belt moves." Meaning, you're already so good that you can get away with something risky in order to get to the next step of your move. Personally, I would not adopt this as a lower belt. I honestly see myself getting my back taken way too easily. Honestly, against whites and blues I can see myself taking someone's back too.

I think it's cool. But unless you really flow like a black belt....or maybe purple and above where moves just kind of flow naturally...I wouldn't put it in your game. Very risky. A lot of times BJJ is a game of inches, and if you don't perform this move with extreme precision, your'e in for a bad time.

I prefer games that allow a bit of wiggle room because as a lower belt, I'm always making tiny technical mistakes. Even if I correct them a split second after, a good guy can take that split second to mess me up.

That's why I believe in the 10th planet philosophy. High percentage moves only. That's why my best moves are moves that I learned from Zog and 10th planet and youtube vids of ADCC champs who have pulled their moves off in ADCC. They've been tried and tested and proven. High percentage moves only. Not high risk. High percentage.

I mean, I know I'm a friggin white belt giving critique on a black belt's technique. Trust me, the fact is not lost on me. But from experience with rolling with higher belts (and failing miserably at youtube moves), I've learned that the entry is so damn critical to your success with your next step. Real talk. If your entry sucks, you'll be lucky to even get to the next step.

In the case of the video, the rolling kimura has been tried and true; tested and proven. But, the entry from kesa has not been. And for a lower ranked guy who is not a precision BJJ player, I just can't risk a move like that. Place your weight in the wrong spot...don't open the elbow enough...open the elbow but relax for a second and let them take their elbow back...don't get your hips at the right angle...and your plan for the rolling kimura fails before you even had a chance.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne/ Goulburn Valley Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANK BARCA View Post
    Nice details in there! External rotation is so important to maintain durung a kimura attack. Especially if he is trying to scramble and get his elbow to the mat. it saves my ass every time. ANother rolling kimura opoortunity too. Nice find.
    This is why I'm always cruising the forums for knowledge bombs
    Thank you

Array

School
    10th planet HQ
    Nice!!!

Array

School
    3rd Wave Jiu jitsu
    I love rolling kimuras, I will definitely try this!

Array

School
    Kombat Sports/10th Planet Yuma and San Diego (when in the area)
    That looks great I will have to work on this version. Usually if I get the chimera on scar fold I just jump over to the other side to finish it or get a straight armlock. This is a new way that looks just as promising.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast