Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by scottross View Post
    While in Mission Control, use your free hand (the one that will eventually, hopefully, hug the knee) to push off the mat in oder to get to your hip.

Something else that might work is Rescue Dog. I find that the process of switching from one leg to the other makes it very easy to turn onto your hip.

Also, if someone is stacking hard while you are in Crachead control, sometimes you pull them over you
    by squeezing downwards with your legs and rolling backwards over your shoulder. With a little luck, you can land in mount.
    I have definitely had opportunities where they were overcomitted to stacking me in Crackhead Control, I just didnt know the technique to capitalize. Wrestlers new to jiu jitsu LOVE to put all their weight on my chin/mouth/face when I have them controlled in crackhead and it makes it hell to work. Ill try the downward leg squeeze/backwards shoulder roll next time I am in that position.

Array

School
    One Combat Academy
    I've had some success hitting flower sweeps when guys try to stack.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrique "Kiko" View Post
    I'm actually having a difficult time getting on my side when doing RG. For instance when I'm in mission control. I know I should be on my side as much as possible, but I really don't know how to get the rotation on my body so that I am on my side.

Your tip on working between foot on hip to flying chill dog is something I think I can try out this week and possibly succeed with. Thank you Isaac!
    Use meathook to get onto your side and create the angle you want for other positions.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Eddy View Post
    Use meathook to get onto your side and create the angle you want for other positions.
    So say I get the meathook going with my left leg and left arm. Do I elevate my hips and use my right hand to help me scoot my hips out to the left more to create the angle?

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Madisonville TN
    So say I get the meathook going with my left leg and left arm. Do I elevate my hips and use my right hand to help me scoot my hips out to the left more to create the angle?
    I turn my left shoulder into their head while digging for the meathook on the side you described. Once meathook is secured I take my free right hand and control their left bicep. This helps me get on my side.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Get used to it. That's how I stop rubber guard too. I put the top of my head right into your chin. Bail to butterfly or if you can get to homie control work some prison guard.
    This. Brent is right. Keep at it and develop the squeeze. I get stacked regularly by 2 of my training partners and it forced me to develop other parts of my game.

Array

School
    10th Planet Freaks
    It's the leverage from your left hand in his armpit and your right foot pushing on his inside hip that will give you the leverage to hip out and get your angle. That foot on his hip will keep him from being able to follow you and straighten back out.

Your opponent will then try and push down that leg and pass if you are keeping the angle on him well. Or they will try and pull and spin out backwards opening up the omaplata, but they will likely be well postured and ready to shrug that. So you can either bail the meathook and take back mission with your newly acquired better angle, or you can transition to other holds like the gogo clinch, hindu etc. depending on his reactions.
    https://www.facebook.com/ben.eddy.56 insta #jesushadamoustache

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12