Array

School
    KHK MMA

Holland Grappling Challenge - Electric Chair

Hello 10p family,
    happy to share with you guys the video of my electric chair submission in the Holland Grappling Challenge today. Plan was to dive to the Ashi game, but the opponent jumped and escaped real quick, so I switched to half-guard/lockdown.

And the 10th Planet virus is spreading in Holland! Let's go! #10WO

https://www.facebook.com/gustavofirm...7477860686142/
    Last edited by Gustavo Firmino; 09-26-2015 at 03:04 PM.

Array

School
    Elite BJJ Redmond, WA
    That was slick. I've got to get better at finishing the electric chair submission. Any tips on getting the tap?

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    That was awesome. Well played. One of my favorite submissions right now.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Electric chairs are sometimes given to you by your opponent when he smashes thru your ashi, outstanding work
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    KHK MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Jarboe View Post
    That was slick. I've got to get better at finishing the electric chair submission. Any tips on getting the tap?
    Hi brother,
    My transition was not that smooth because he was holding my left arm, so I couldn't bring it to the left side of his body to help me rotate and push him, so I had to bring him up only using my right arm and trying to go underneath as much as possible. As to the finish, I bring his leg over my shoulder, go on my elbow and twist/torque his leg, that will increase the pressure tremendously! Electric chair is my all time favorite submission, if you want I can do a periscope session to show the details. #10P4L
    Last edited by Gustavo Firmino; 09-28-2015 at 03:37 PM.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Electric chairs are sometimes given to you by your opponent when he smashes thru your ashi, outstanding work
    Cool. Usually my OA or DoA turns into my opponent putting standing up and putting his weight on my leg making it a leg drag pass =(. Anyone have an example of failed Ashi turning into a potential EC sub/sweep?

Nice finish Brv
    Gotta love that electric chair

Array

School
    KHK MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Indeed, Eddie. When I dive underneath like that, I try to kinda adjust to the way the opponent reacts (hopefully being quick enough) looking for Ashi, X-guard, spiral etc. Glad it worked in this match! #10WO #10P4L
    Last edited by Gustavo Firmino; 09-28-2015 at 04:40 PM.