Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Complete Jiu-Jitsu

Where should i start?

I'm just starting on my journey on the 10th planet path, and am super lost as to where to start. What move or position would you suggest to start and progress from?

I would say start by picking up a copy of Mastering the Rubber Guard, that is if you arent located near a 10th planet school.

grab eddies books and the mastering the rubber guard dvd i was/am in the same boat but im learning

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Halfguard/lockdown

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    ^.

Array

School
    Home
    At the beginning =]. I personally started off with rubber guard because I had no prior training or guidance and rubber guard worked very well for me. I am naturally very flexible am lucky enough to be able to get back to my full guard most of the time easily ask Nelson lol. But ive heard from many people Herzog included that half-guard is prob the most important to develop or start with.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    I'll add another +1 on the starting from half guard. Having a good half guard game opens up TONS of options; the half guard in 10th Planet is not just defensive, it's offensive. I don't know how long/if you've been training BJJ for a while and are just adding 10PJJ to your game so forgive me if I'm making assumptions here. Early on, you're usually getting your guard passed a lot. If you start with half guard and develop a good game you have an arsenal of set-ups and sweeps So if someone starts passing they're stepping right into your game. The way I see it, there's probably a reason Coach Herzog starts there and there's probably a pretty good reason why Eddie started the MTRG dvd with the half guard series.

Array

School
    Complete Jiu-Jitsu
    Thanks guys, ill start at the half guard

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Anytime. Be sure to post any questions you might have.

Array

School
    Delaware Barbell Club & Fitness BJJ
    schedule a visit to one of the affliated schools and try it out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast