Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    what exactly did you get injured by?

Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    I think I did it working out of his mount. He was using every bit of strength he had. I worked back to half guard. I was working between Half guard and lock down, pulling him down and stretching him out. I got my head under his arm pit and threw a leg around his back. Kept working little by little, to get to his back. Think thats when it happend. Alot of twisting and torging going on doing that exchange. Pretty sure thats when I did it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Rest it, and heal up, and please dont't push it. After 26 years I have tons of old injuries that constantly aggravate me (I originally injured my bad knee when I was 10 years old and it has been fucked ever since), I wish I had the types of coaches (back in the day) that actually knew about sports medicine and physiology and the proper way to recover and train around an injury Let it heal before you make it something that will aggravate you for a life time. You've got alot of growing yet to do, don't push it. It sucks to be stagnant, nothing frustrated me more than not being able to train and roll, I just started training light again last week after being off the mats for 6 weeks with a torn abdominal, and I'm a miserable prick when I can't roll, so I understand you pain. You have a lifetime ahead of you, take it easy now or you will regret in down the line.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    i thought that he was applying pressure to your ribs with like a bear hug for example but it sounds like you rotated your torso past its limits.
    the problem i have to deal with against bigger guys is when they have an unnatural headlock. they're similar in that they rarely make me want to tap even when i know that i'm in the process of developing an injury that will last for a week.

a month or 2 ago i rolled with a new guy with big arms and he jumped into a headlock and was applying tremendous pressure around my skull, it took ages to get out. by the time i escaped and arm-barred him, i realized that my right ear was completely numb all over. it took about 3 days to start healing. then i decided to come to training again and rolled against the more experienced guy with a killer headlock and he eventually stuck me in the exact same position i was in 3 days ago, except this time my ear felt even worse afterwards and took about 2 weeks to heal.

the thing that i can say that i learnt from the ordeal is that i needed to get better at tearing headlocks apart. the better you are at breaking apart painful positions, the less chance there is of developing such injuries

Array

School
    No training at the moment, but have had some self training
    I hope you heal up in time for Naga. GOod luck

Array

School
    10th planet headquarters
    Be careful bud you want a long career of bjj, don't over train.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Put some tussin on it
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Dustin C.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Put some tussin on it
    ^^THIS lol

Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    Ok I think I missed something. First off I didn't know what tussin was, I had to look it up.lol. Not sure how cough syrup will help with this. So that makes me think I am missing a joke. Could someone fill me in. I like to think of myself as a smart kid, hate it when something goes over my head, but I think something did this time.LOL.

Array

School
    Newborn Cascao
    So while trying to teach the kid some humility in tapping, your may have further injured yourself to prove a point? Looks like the lesson is for you Conner. Some times you have to shut the MACHINE down early for maintenance.
    Ego comes in many forms, but your young, and I am sure you will take something from it.
    Heal up, drink some 7up

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast