Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    12 years old, 5 foot 7, 153 pounds of all man baby !!!!!!! LOL.

Should be about 143 by day of tournament.

Array

School
    Monolith Sambo
    I've had both soft tissue and bone injuries to the ribcage, and both are horrible. I tore an abdominal once during a demonstration and yelled fucking murder in front of a crowd of gawking people.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I have a torn ab now. Worse than ribs.

Array

School
    Mario Roberto Jiu-Jitsu Academy
    The only thing that is at all concerning about rib injuries is; is it a costal cartilage injury? Costal cartilage is what connects your ribs to your breast bone, and to your vertebrae. Barring this kind of injury, you should be fine, outside of the pain. Good things about this kind of injury: very small chance of any long-term damage, debilitation tends to rely on pain tolerance, and it tends to heal relatively completely (again, barring a costal cartilage injury), simply due to the structure of the rib cage itself. Bad things about this injury: it can take a long time to heal completely (I've heard of particularly nasty soft tissue rib injuries take up to 3 months to heal), it's difficult to treat (simply not much you can do, other than take it easy on yourself and let it heal), and it's fairly easy to re-injure (especially when you use it, i.e. applying pressure with in whilst in side control, back mount, etc. then the guy bucks right into your ribs. OUCH!).

My advice: try to compete, but if it hurts too bad, then don't. Pretty simple. You'll know whether or not you can go. If it's not healed up enough, there's just no way your body will let you compete, there will be too much pain.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    conner, your gonna drop 10 pounds in 5 days? lol

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    My advice is to take a break and scour the internet and books and dvds and your instructors for techniques to sharpen your game for when you get back on the mat. Ryan Hall's game changed for the better when he got injured because he took the time to reflect on what he was doing wrong and what got him injured in the first place. I know he's not on 10th Planet's favorite person's list, but he knows how to improve that's for sure. Good luck buddy.
    "How did Ricardo Arona get in my guard? Maybe he took me down, it doesn't matter, maybe I just woke up one morning and Ricardo Arona was in my guard. Here's what I'm gonna do." - Mario Sperry

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    conner...sunday should be interesting haha

Array

School
    Fighting Dragons Combat Sports & Behring Jiu Jitsu
    Emir first off I boxed for 4 years, I can cut 10 pounds in 1 day if I need to. But I'm not cutting anymore. Havn't in almost a year, I want to get big.....really big.LOL.

I have been off a few days healing so packed on a few pounds, But back training.........Just got home, 3 hours a night. already at

And as far as Sunday...... Its always interesting when I fight. LOL.

Off to bed, Need to get my rest so I can bring my A game Sunday. Looking forward to the first tourny of 2011, plan to have a bigger season than 2010. More wins, More taps, more people that will know THE MACHINE is more than a sweadish supermodel pretty face.LOL.

Array

School
    Summit City Submissions
    Quote Originally Posted by Conner MACHINE Gibbons View Post
    Emir first off I boxed for 4 years, I can cut 10 pounds in 1 day if I need to. But I'm not cutting anymore. Havn't in almost a year, I want to get big.....really big.LOL.

I have been off a few days healing so packed on a few pounds, But back training.........Just got home, 3 hours a night. already at

And as far as Sunday...... Its always interesting when I fight. LOL.

Off to bed, Need to get my rest so I can bring my A game Sunday. Looking forward to the first tourny of 2011, plan to have a bigger season than 2010. More wins, More taps, more people that will know THE MACHINE is more than a sweadish supermodel pretty face.LOL.
    Thumbs up!!!
    "How did Ricardo Arona get in my guard? Maybe he took me down, it doesn't matter, maybe I just woke up one morning and Ricardo Arona was in my guard. Here's what I'm gonna do." - Mario Sperry

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234