Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur

can you enter multiple tournament classes?

i was just wondering if anyone knew how tournaments work when it comes to doing more than one tournament at a time. Like after i pay my entry fee, does that mean if the schedule allows, i can go into beginner and advanced in the same day? ive never been to one so i have no clue what level to enter, but i was wanting to get as much out of the tourny as i can. so does one entry fee cover all the tournaments i can enter? or would i have to pay 2 entry fees?

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    I don't think you can enter more than one experience level. What would happen if one guy won both beginner and advanced, that wouldn't look good.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    haha. yeah thats what im thinking. I have never been to a tournament so i have no idea what experience i should enter in. The main reason im actually entering the tournament is just so i can know what level im at bc i have never taken the time to take any belt tests. So i dont want to spend 70$ and then run through a bunch of people who dont know anything, but then again i dont want to go in advanced and get knocked out the first round bc im in there with someone like eddie. i guess i might just do intermediate and if i win try advanced next time.

is it no-gi?

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    theres both. i'll probably do no-gi. and i know they divide everyone up by years training, but ive only trained in an actual gym for about 1-2 years. But that doesnt include eat, sleep, and breathing jiujitsu outside of the gym. or all the 10th planet i have learned online. and the constant MMA training that includes jiujitsu.

Doesnt matter its how many years you have trained period, doesnt matter where or how often. What is the intermediate cut off? Its usually 3-4 yrs, so its not like you sand bagging to enter it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    this is a good point. well all i can do the first time is guess where i should be. So i'll just go intermediate and post the video on here and figure it out from there. hopefully i dont get dominated. I know that i'm going in at 135 and i'll be in the 135-145? weight class. on top of being 6'0 makes me quite the scrawny guy. maybe if i dropped a pound i would try advanced, but i REALLY dont feel like being the smallest guy at that level lol.

IME, with grappling comps, and weight classes, no one really knows wtf the weight classes will be till the day of comp (sometimes one class only has 2-3 people and another has 10, so they just combine em, and so forth) so I wouldnt sweat it so much.

Well, you could do like alot of douche bags do and enter the beginner. I always chuckle when a guy in the beginner division starts talking to folks about when he wrestled in college, hell I saw one kid I know had been training for 4 years consistently entered the beginner division..........the good thing about intermediate and advanced is most guys there belong there, beginner divs are nuts with the crazy sandbagging.