Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Naga Atl 2/12

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile, Al
    I stand corrected about slight specifics. Being first looser is about how I feel about my gi silver as well. How'd your guys do in that MMA show?

Array

School
    Huntsville Jiu Jitsu
    We went 3-0, smashed everyone bad. Would have been 4 or 5-0, but nobody would fight Keith (our 205 guy) and he was going to do the 205 tournament.

Raul (our 145er) killed both his guys. Raul has been training Muay Thai for years and years, and he normally breaks stuff when he hits it. He did this time as well.

And our 155 pro won pretty quick by RNC in the main event.

I have to say that i'm f-ing exhausted after this weekend, taking off work & driving to ATL friday to compete in NAGA Sat, only to have to jump directly in the car and race back to Alabama to corner our guys was rough to say the least.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Highlight Reel from 10th Planet Decatur. 6 Gold Medals.

Sorry for the poor video quality. I had some of the matches in HD, but it takes way too long to upload from here

"The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    He looks even more like Hasslehoff in person. Good seein ya Palmer.

Your students looked awesome Brandon. We're gonna make a training pilgrimage soon. no shit

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Palmer View Post
    I took 2nd in Expert Lightweight Masters, lost to tough brown belt Marlon Loor Vera (think him & his brother run a school in NC, Jon do u know them) by 2 points i think. Was a tough dude and real nice fellow, but he played defensive as hell when he got up on pts, just kinda ran time out in my guard just staying super tight.

It was ok for not really training properly for the event, but 2nd place is still the first loser, I'll have to step it up next time.

Scott, Bobby, McCaghren...good to see you guys!

Huge congrats to everyone else that competed, whatever the result!
    Awesome fucking job dude! Marlon is a freaking killer. To even last and not get subbed by that guy is a feat in itself. He teaches at 3 different schools across Charlotte. I don't know how he is still a brown. It seems like he has been a brown forever. Oh, and his brown is under Roberto Traven.
    No shame in that. Check out his website and look at this dudes wins. http://www.loorverabros.com/site/
    These are just some:
    # 2010 World Jiu Jitsu No-Gi Championship
    CHAMPION - No-Gi Master Brown Belt
    # 2010 Pan Jiu Jitsu No-Gi Championship
    # 2010 American National Jiu Jitsu Championship
    CHAMPION - Adult No-Gi Brown Belt Division

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Helton View Post
    Awesome fucking job dude! Marlon is a freaking killer. To even last and not get subbed by that guy is a feat in itself. He teaches at 3 different schools across Charlotte. I don't know how he is still a brown. It seems like he has been a brown forever. Oh, and his brown is under Roberto Traven.
    No shame in that. Check out his website and look at this dudes wins. http://www.loorverabros.com/site/
    These are just some:
    Yea, I used to train with Brandon Palmer some several years back and he is impressive. Not only is he a solid grappler but he is also a great fighter as well. Holding his own against high level competitors is not surprising to me at all...

way to go

Array

School
    joe hurst jiu jitsu undercover 10thp charlotte
    marlin use to train at joe hurst for a long time with his brother jon...scott nice job man.....great job guys..

Array

School
    Huntsville Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Helton View Post
    These are just some:

Holy shit, thats one damn impressive resume! I knew for damn sure he was about the business, you could tell by the way he carried himself...i just didn't know it was THAT much business!

:O

After the match he's like "great match bro" and gives me his business card and tells me to come train with him. How bout when you're so bad ass you hand out your card at matches.

Great guy!

Array

School
    Huntsville Jiu Jitsu
    Thanks for the kind words Mr. Friday, you're no slouch yourself.

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    I have feelings for you Palmer that are REAL!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast