Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Finding a place to train

Just wondering if anyone here has any tips on finding a good place to train. Like what to look for in an instructor or the facility where the training is held.

I'm a firm believer that no matter what sport it is you should establish a strong base of fundamentals, because it's hard to fix bad habits once they've been ingrained in muscle memory.

So, I'm basically trying to make sure I'm learning what I need to be learning from someone who knows what they're talking about. Any tips?

Array

School
    Ronin
    Post the city you live in and people on here can give you sugestions.
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    I agree 100% Chad.

http://mcdojo-faq.tripod.com/

That's a start on where NOT to train. Which is about 99.99999% of MA schools unfortunately =(. I was once told by a 2nd degree black belt, that their head black belt was so high up in his martial arts rank, that even in a jungle, mosquitoes would not bite him because "who's mind is stronger, yours or the mosquito's?" That seriously was one of their sales pitches lol. "Anti-mosquito chi based aura."

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I'm currently in Central PA. Lock Haven, State College (Penn State), Willamsport areas. There is a school in State College, Central PA MMA, but the only thing I know about it is what's shown on the website and facebook page.