Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    RMNU

What is your defense when put in Twister Side Control?

Right now I just lay there, keep tight and hope he takes mount and go from there.

Array

School
    10thPlanet HQ/Oside/Kauai
    get an arm through under his armpit or push him with both hands down off of you.

maybe...........
    The 10thPlanetjj Family Map http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...513672&t=h&z=4

The 10thPlanetjj Family Tree http://www.jj4all.com/10p/rank/

Instagram: seanjitsu

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    get one hand on their hip and the other hand on their shoulder, push them down your body to free up your torso

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Grab the head, give up mount, shrimp to half guard during the transition.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield MO
    Lay and Pray

Array

School
    10th Planet Burbank
    Tap!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    This one's worked for me a couple of times:

Shrimp like a muthafucker and use your arms to get him down towards your hips and off your chest/shoulder. Once he's off your chest you can crossface from the back with your left arm, S-grip or gable lock your hands (I've found the sweep to actually be a little easier with an S-grip. I don't know why though) and sweep him over to your right. It's not a high-percentage sweep and once a guy knows you can hit it it's pretty easy to prevent but it's an available option. You risk giving him your left arm by trying to crossface and if he's not down by your hips and/or has really good base in TSC he can take the arm without much trouble. You're also risking giving him the grapevine while you're shrimping so be mindful of your legs. Don't let him lace those up. Make sure you have taken as much pressure off of your torso as possible before sweeping and move fast before he gets the chance to fishnet your legs or gets his hips back up. It's most successful for me when he's leaning back a bit already in TSC instead of keeping his bodyweight forward and across the chest.

Array

School
    10th Planet Pasadena
    Pummeling the arm and getting an underhook under the side which he is trying to pin with his elbow is huge. Hug the dbl unders while working your way up to ur knees, u should end up with side mount or a shot for a sgt. slaughter transition to the back

Array

School
    Triple Threat Combat Sports / Yamasaki Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy Delaware
    One of a few I like is to get him low by my hips and slip my bottom leg under his bottom leg n take his bk.

Array

School
    Charlotte Jiu Jitsu Academy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Green
    One of a few I like is to get him low by my hips and slip my bottom leg under his bottom leg n take his bk.
    Then put them in a twister. This is my favorite, but can be difficult against an experienced twister side player.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast