nicce vid sick

Array

School
    Unaffiliated
    awesome vids Jonathan!

Array

School
    10th Planet
    my two favs ill try to explain. my first one is pretty standard breaks just about all guards.

after you "sweep your hair" then posture up, i control the hips by pressing my right elbow and forearm inside their left thigh while either grabbing their belt or just controlling their hips with my palm, fingers bent mr miyagi style. after you are postured and hips are controlled, their attacks are pretty much stuffed. if you feel them open guard, you should be able to force their left thigh to the matt and pass to side control. if not, then put your right knee in their butt cracks and with your left leg, stretch it straight back. that will break most guards and you can like i said earlier force their thigh to the matt to transition to side.

another fav of mine is def a hollywood move. i do it more for fun or when i have someone with an impossible guard. i trap one arm while posturing up. then i start to rock back and forth. when im ready, with a burst of power, i will step over the shoulder of the trapped arm. so their right arm trapped, rock, and with my right leg, burst over their right shoulders.

you can sometimes get an achilles crush out of the ensuing scramble, a knee bar or a heel hook. ill do that same technique to get out of triangles too.

Array

School
    10th Planet Saint Paul
    Thank you very much for all the suggestions guys! I'm gonna give some of these a try in the coming weeks and see what works and what doesn't.

Array

School
    Serra BJJ
    Standing passes, plumber's crack passes.

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Academy
    I personally do well manipulating the Femoral artery to get into the underhand pass..but its tricky to place your elbow right to cause just enough pain to break the guard without giving up a triangle..just my two cents

Array

School
    The Cave Academy, Pacifica
    The problem with pain moves that when you finally meet someone who is tough enough to take it or has enough adrenaline pumping, they just don't work. That move is more effective in the gi though when you can grab onto their belt and get a lot more pressure

Array

School
    Serra BJJ
    Yeah, you shouldn't use your elbow to break the guard. It's annoying to your partner, and as a frame your forearm is stronger than just your elbow. You'll find more and more guys will be able pull your arm off at the tricep.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast