Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Book: Cauliflower Chronicles

I was in Barnes and Noble yesterday and came across this book by Marshal Carper called Cauliflower Chronicles. The cover of the book shows a "To Do List" that reads: "1. break up w/ girl 2. move to Hilo, Hawaii 3. train w/ BJJ Legend"...... so naturally I was interested.

The books about a white belt from PA who dumps his girl and moves to Hawaii to train at BJ Penn's gym. I bought the book on impulse and looked it up on amazon when I got home and it has some pretty good reviews (http://www.amazon.com/Cauliflower-Ch.../dp/0982565879).

I'm gonna start reading it tonite. Has anyone else read it yet? Have any reviews? Heard anything about it?

Array

School
    Serra BJJ
    Never heard of it, but it looks interesting. I think I might go get it

Array

School
    Team X-T1
    That looks a really interesting read...gonna second that Danny and grab a copy

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    hmm....newly found freedom? travel to a distant and strange land? train with BJJ legend? Sounds like a good script for a film. I may pick it up

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    yea, a whole lot of folks from a different forum that Marshal posts on says the book is a great read!

Array

School
    Pittsburgh/10th Planet Morgantown
    I've read it and bought copies for other jits and martial arts friends as gifts. It's a wonderful book! Highly recommend.

Array

School
    Capital Jiu Jitsu (Gracie) Virginia/D.C
    I read the book not too long ago, and while i always want to support someone writing about jiu jitsu, i didn't think it was that great. I really liked the books Blood in the Cage by L. JOn Wertheim and Falling Hard by Mark Law. The Mark Law book is more about Judo, but i definitely understood the feeling of getting lost in the history and details of technique. Either one is worth a read in my opinion

Array

School
    10th Pranet HQ Hollywood
    my friend told me that they use 10th planet jiu jitsu in that book
    like old school etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    my friend told me that they use 10th planet jiu jitsu in that book
    like old school etc etc
    He does. electric hair, etc.

Fantastic read!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMike2k9 View Post
    He does. electric hair, etc.

Fantastic read!
    electric hair huh............ i need that to straighten my curly ass hair i have. fuck em fuck a huddle house that doesn't open on a sat night. its all good. ill eat eggs that sunday morning bitch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast