Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Dayum, Marcelo is just too damn good
    I'd love to see u 2 roll!

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Lupton View Post
    All these black belts just seem completely unable to impose any of their game on him. Does anyone know who he trains with for the ADCC/ Mundials etc and are there any vids on his site where he appears in trouble?
    In the past, Marcelo trains during his classes- with all of his students.

He then ramps up his training for these competitions (usually a couple of months or so before), by having an additional training class during the afternoon which is for "invitees". This is usually for higher ranked belts- specific purple, brown and black belts.

I'm not sure what he is doing this year, since he also teaches an afternoon class too (not sure if he will have a seperate training class in the AM or something). (I'm in Florida now, and havent been to NYC in a few months)

He's told me that throughout his career, he is/was usually the top competitor in training class, as he hasn't had the fortune of training on a consistent basis with other world champs. Last year, he had Sergio Morais (another Middleweight Gi World Champ) train with him for about a month in NYC- I think this was the longest period of time where he consistently trained with another world champ.

In Brazil, when he was training under Fabio Gurgel/Alliance- most of the top students left to train at BRASA (Leo Viera, Comprino, Damian Maia,etc), and the top students that rep Alliance now (Cobrinha, Lucas Lepri, Michael Langhi, etc), were not there when he was still in Brazil.

He also has two very good black belt co-instructors at his school, Paul Shreiner and Henrique Resende- I'm sure they are giving him some good rolls.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    So amazing!

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    I had Bocek for $5 against henderson, I was hoping he could put Ben's unchokable reputation to rest.

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyK5 View Post
    I had Bocek for $5 against henderson, I was hoping he could put Ben's unchokable reputation to rest.
    he had marcelo's guillotine in TIGHT but didn't follow up to mount when henderson rolled to his back

Array

School
    Serra BJJ
    Thank you

Array

School
    10th Planet Nottingham
    ben did the counter with precise timing. he has deffo been drilling the counter to the mg guillotine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12