Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    +1 on Gene Lebell, That dude would still fuck many of us up. He mangeled me a bit in the past in some occasions...

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    I read that he does have black belts in other striking martial arts. Wikipedia him and I'm sure it'll say which ones. I sure wouldn't want to piss off a Segal in his prime, that's for sure.

Don't know why he got so fat though. lol

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    Joke all you want about Segal, I make fun of his fat ass also, HOWEVER, there is one undeniable fact that the dude trained for many many years. To reach 7th dan Black Belt in Aikido also takes as much time and effort to get a black belt with some stripes in Jiu jitsu. I am also pretty sure that he could easily joint lock most of the people in this forum in to submission. Although his art is not the main stream and the most effective for MMA, it is still a martial art and if we are going to call ourselves martial artist, we need start with showing respect to other, more experienced and senior martial artists.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Not sure why id have to respect him just because he stuck with it.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    Quote Originally Posted by Deimos View Post
    Not sure why id have to respect him just because he stuck with it.
    You don't have to respect anybody man, being a martial artist is a life style and it involves many aspects that were not decided by me or just some other person. It came down from generation to generation and there are widely accepted ways of practicing martial arts and also living like one. Refusing to fight on the streets, protecting the weak, respect, staying away from lying etc.. are all part of it. Example, Brock Lesnar or Chael Sonnen will never be true martial artists no matter how good they get at what they do. Again I am not saying you are not a martial artist because you do not respect Steven "Call me Sensei" Segal, it is just why I think the guy deserves some respect.

I liked under siege

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Wylie View Post
    in the article it said steven seagal helped him perfect the kick. It's totally obvious that the kick is known to other martial artists. Everyone knows that. Me and my friends were throwing that kick back in the days when we were backyard boxing. But Silva said in the article that Seagal helped him improve the kick. That means a lot, and it came out of Silva's mouth not Seagals.

There are different ways to throw a front kick, just like anything else, and tiny details make a big difference in striking, just like jui jitsu. http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-me-that-kick/.

It's important not to discredit someone as not having something to say just because they are not in the mainstream. As 10th planet practitioners, we of all people should know this. If we ignore someone just because they are a movie star or have never been in an mma fight we are hindering our development as fighters. Be it Eddie Bravo, Steven Seagal, or Joe Rogan, it's important to listen, because that's how we learn and become better.

Array

School
    team ebs scotland
    steven segals a wife beating fake ass.-he makes me laugh though so whatever. :-P

Just because someone has been into Martial Arts a long ass time doesn't mean they know stuff about the sport of MMA. SS has never fought a MMA match. I wouldn't rely on someone to help me play chess by asking a checker player. Poor ass analogy but fuck isn't answering the door in your underwear awesome when a group of local church goers knock and knock and knock?

Array

School
    Star jiu jitsu/ formerly of 10th planet sherman
    His skills are legit. Yes he is a media whore. Hes training top fighters with success. He can probably kick all our asses. Expect to see him at more mma events. Hating on him doesn't change a thing.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast