Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    11th dimension
    that is all

Array

School
    Roger Gracie Academy
    Whoa big topic you have brought up. Way too big for me to really go into detail on this site but I'ii give you my view on it.

Years ago I really got into Yoga and Eastern philosophy. I studied alot of the Vedic texts and tried to find out as much as I could about the Yogic philosophy, Chinese Taoism and even some of the Korean view of stuff like this. One thing that struck me was a quote from B.K.S Iyengar who said that the minds NATURAL pre-occupation is with the OUTSIDE world! Meaning that turning it in on itself through meditation and strange breathing techniques was an UNNATURAL thing. I had this quote clarifyed by a certified Iyengar teacher who had studied extensively with him in the 1970's. So one could conclude all these different perceptions of the world attained through meditation and other forms of drugs could be possibly seen as an unnatural view of the world depending on how you look at it.Now I know what I have just wrote can be debated endlessly and I have gone through that discussion many times.

Back to the question is the world an illusion? Well I think it is to a certain extent in my view. We can only see visible light, we cannot see in the dark like some animals. We can only hear certain frequencys whereas other creatures can hear sounds that we cannot. We can only smell certain smells etc. We also cannot perceive things like Carbon Monoxide with our 5 senses. So what we see and what we hear and what we can feel is only a fraction of what is actually out there.

Personally I do not subscribe to the Eastern panthiestic view of the world. It leaves way too many unanswered questions just like the Abrahamic religions of Christianity, Judaism and Islam. I do not believe everything is one. Connected yes but not one. I believe is a reason why we percieve the world as individuals in the same physical reality. So the answer to your question in the sense that Burt Harding is talking about then no I personally do not believe the world is an illusion. I do believe we see the world as being incomplete as we can only perceive a fraction of it for whatever reason. I think there is a logical reason why we all perceive walls and cannot walk through them. It's nothing to do with brainwashing or conditioning in my view because babys and children cannot go through them either can they? In fact no-one can with their physical bodies. Maybe in dreams but that is just your imagination and only you can experience. In the reality we all experience we are suject to physical limitations. Just because you can fly through perceived astral projection of your consciousness does not make it a reality in my view.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12