Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Emir Mehovic View Post
    Im not sure where i should continue to train. What disciplines to train in. Im completley lost... Does anyone have advice for me? Any type of advice would be appreciated.
    The discipline I recommend above all else is self-discipline. No but seriously, when you're looking at the big picture like that it could be a little overwhelming and confusing. I say instead, set some short-term goals in a specific area and work on those. Having realistic short-term goals that you are continuously setting and achieving can give you that motivation and sense of accomplishment to keep you going. Take small steps as opposed to having this big massive overall life goal that seems like it's never getting any closer. It could give you that focus and drive that you need but again, self-discipline. Good luck.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    Maybe take a break for a month or so? That may give u a moment to step back and recharge a bit, and also decide what ur goals are...

Array

School
    Ethos Jiu-Jitsu & Martial Arts of Tyler, Texas
    "Shit or get off the pot, rockstar." :P

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Im deffinetly not going to quit! I love training. I just dont know how to continue with my training yaaa knowww

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    If your not quiting. Stop whinning and do it! Need motivation watch Rudy!

Find out what schools are in your area and visit them for a one day training session. This will allow you to see the various disciplines and you might come across one with which you want to continue. Continue to maintain your fitness level and NEVER stop stretching. Losing flexibility and fighting just to get back to where you WERE is depressing.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hartford
    Emir, depends what your issue is. Are you feeling bored/uninterested with your training? Have you plateaued and aren't making the same level of progress? In my experience these are the normal ups and downs of training that we all go through. If you are feeling bored and not having fun I'd suggest may be taking a break for a week and do other stuff. I usually will take a week off and go mountain biking, hiking or surfing and just let myself chillout. I love jiu jitsu but doing it everyday for a super long time can get boring especially if I'm always training with the same people. I usually come off my "vacation" re-energized and some of the stuff I was struggling with before on the mats comes much easier because my mind was able to relax and absorb the concepts. This is just how I deal with "down" times in my training and everyone deals with stuff differently, the trick is figuring out what works for you. May be a mini-vacation will work for you...may be it won't. No harm in trying tho.

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Gracie Barra with Alex Costa? Tell him and Alessandro I say hello!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12