Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Array

School
    CORE MMA
    I still consider myself a noob ive been training for 6 months and know some stuff but still very humble!

Array

School
    Iron Fist Gym
    Come on now guys... everyone is being a little humble here. There is a big difference between a noob and a blue belt. Noob status is like "How do I wrap the arm up for an americana? " or "Who is Renzo Gracie?" .... or crossing your feet while taking the back.

after becoming a 10th planet jiu jitsu blue belt after almost 4 years grappling I started to think I know a little bit

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/JKD Institute
    everytime you lose you should feel like a noob

Array

School
    10th Planet Phoenix
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Daniels View Post
    The levels of noobdom vary. For example, when someone new comes to your class and you roll with them, and you have 10 months to 2 years of experience, then you see how much of a noob they are. However, in that same class you roll with someone who has 2 to 5 years of experience and you recognize that you are your own noob.
    This

Array

School
    Chungs Academy -Judo/TKD
    I think "noob" status is yours when: you have no idea about class etiquette, how to relax and learn during a roll, when you are so anxious for the sub that you crank someone faster than they can tap, kick them in the head going for position, or when you consistently refuse to wash your clothes after a work out. Get past these, and you're no longer a "noob" in my book. It doesn't have anything to do with ability; just attitude and outlook. If it were about winning and losing we'd all be noobs with guys like Eddie and Marcelo walking around.

Array

School
    10th Planet Stockholm
    For me it took about a year, i learn pretty fast tough but i would say it takes atleast 1 year and 2 at most so between 1-2 years

Array

School
    Peter De Been Caroline Springs
    the moment that i started developing control of my ego, id say thats when your not a noob

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester; 10th Planet St. Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hirt View Post
    I think "noob" status is yours when: you have no idea about class etiquette, how to relax and learn during a roll, when you are so anxious for the sub that you crank someone faster than they can tap, kick them in the head going for position, or when you consistently refuse to wash your clothes after a work out. Get past these, and you're no longer a "noob" in my book. It doesn't have anything to do with ability; just attitude and outlook. If it were about winning and losing we'd all be noobs with guys like Eddie and Marcelo walking around.
    This.

Array

School
    Martial Arts Progression, Hartlepool, UK
    i think that you stop being a noob when someone with only a couple of hours experience can't do anything with you. you'll still be a beginner, but not a noob if that makes sense. anything less than this is excessive modesty in my opinion. but then again, what the fuck do i know?
    i also like peter hirt's definition

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast