Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Catch Wrestling

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Piper View Post
    One was an about.com thang and I think the other was linked from wiki. I will dig it back up tonight or tomorrow if u wish. About to leave work.
    Theres no need, it was garbage, I was just curious as to where you found it. Thats what happens when anyone can update and change that info.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Iron Fist Gym
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    Did you have a friend who died of one?
    No but its definitely not a pain compliance sub... I do have a friend who has a fucked up neck though from a neck crank, the left side of his body has lost a lot of strength due to a pinched nerve or something.

Array

School
    Monolith Sambo
    Quote Originally Posted by J Grooms View Post
    No but its definitely not a pain compliance sub... I do have a friend who has a fucked up neck though from a neck crank, the left side of his body has lost a lot of strength due to a pinched nerve or something.
    Well, at its extreme, a neck crank isn't just pain compliance anymore. Of course. That's why they're banned in a lot of BJJ competitions. BUT to a greater degree they are. A really gnarly cradle feels like shit and you may be sore from it the next day, but there's no lasting damage. In my experience.

Array

School
    Monolith Sambo
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Piper View Post
    I think there is a loss in communication here. Its very likely my fault due to my communication skills. I'm defining it as sub > pos due to the scoring. That's the impression I get cuz positions don't win you the fight alone. Its either a pin or a sub for the win right?
    Subs will win a fight in freestyle sambo, but pins do not. They count for 3 points. The action still continues afterward. However, you only have 60 seconds to submit when the fight hits the ground. No sub and it stands back up.

Position is important in all grappling. It's really the essence of it.

And for the record, I'm just trying to give you good information. Not trying to be a jerk.

Array

School
    Iron Fist Gym
    The cradle isn't a submission to my knowledge, just a control position.... Aoki won his last 2 fights with the neck cranks that I'm talking about.

Array

School
    Monolith Sambo
    Quote Originally Posted by J Grooms View Post
    The cradle isn't a submission to my knowledge, just a control position.... Aoki won his last 2 fights with the neck cranks that I'm talking about.
    A cradle by itself is a control position, yes. A cradle with a navy ride is a moderately painful neck crank. I know what you're saying, but just offering my own perspective.

Those last 2 Aoki fights, Jesus. Beerbohm was in so much pain I could almost feel it through the video.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123