Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    CORE MMA

Rolled with a Black Belt today!

Ok so i rolled with a Black Belt (Marcelo Lopez) today and it was insane totaly got mauled and loved it haha

I was so amazed with his control and precise movement and complete grasp on all his techniques.

Was good because the best person i had rolled with upto this date was a blue belt, we dont have a whole lot of black belts in New Zealand yet, and i think Marcelo is the only one in Hamilton.

Anyway was wondering if you guys could post your storys of how you faired against your highest ranked opponent or best opponent.

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    The best thing is, you'll get to be a brown belt, roll with Marcelo Lopez again and you'll feel exactly the same!

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    They make you feel like a child, I like watching some black belts destroy other black belts and think Man I wanna be like that black belt. Its crazy that there are black belts then there are BLACK BELTS. Different levels

Array

School
    Star jiu jitsu/ formerly of 10th planet sherman
    I rolled once with my former master who was a bb of course. I had only been training for a couple of months at the time so went super easy on me.

Highest ive rolled with was a purple belt and i kept getting armbarred

Array

School
    10th Planet O'Fallon, IL
    I've rolled with black belts on down before and what amazes me about the higher guys is their ability to mask everything they're doing. The simplest techniques appeared to be super complex and the submissions were unseen until they happened. It's amazing how many moves they are ahead of someone and make you move into their traps without you knowing. I can only hope that I can reach near that level one day!

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Riverside
    I had a private lesson a couple weeks back with Sean Bollinger where we rolled for most of the hour long sesh. He held back to let me work my game and subbed me here and there to show me where I was making mistakes. He said I did really well, but man does Sean make Jiu Jitsu look effortless!

Array

School
    10th Planet Montreal
    One of our blue belts who was a white belt at the time Scott Jutras rolled with Ryan Hall when he came here for a seminar. Even though Ryan was probably holding back a lot, Scott did really well.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    I rolled with a bunch of black belts in the states, by far Eddie was the toughest to roll with... His squeeze is ridiculous and his feet dexterity (is there a word for it? LoL) I remember one particular time when he trapped my hand with his foot and I was WTF his hands are that way... Another frustrating part with Eddie is that when you end up in some places you know what's coming next but no matter what it's happening lol. That's what kills me when we roll. I'm like fuck ok I need to defend that... Defense defense fuck tap tap tap. His weight distribution too is fucking insane for a small dude. Feels like a ton of bricks.
    The best by far at using his weight is Joe! Holy fuck! First time in my life I felt like spewing and taping out by just being mounted! That was insane... He somehow digs all his weight in your stomach argh... Fucking nasty
    "Never go full retard"
    Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Periscope @10P4L

Array

School
    Liverpool Vale Tudo
    I think the craziest thing about Eddie's RG is that it feels like it's choking you out even just in Mission Control. Ridiculous shit, you have to experience it to believe it! At a time when I was questioning RG, that happened, and I fell completely back in love with it. You're only as good at a move as the amount of times you do it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast