Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho
    Does anybody have a name for this thing?

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyYXN8vje54&feature=youtu.be

My coach taught it to us a while ago and now I'm hitting this frequently during live rolling. The title of the video clip really isn't specific enough to differentiate it from other flying scissor attacks as this one can enter you into the 50/50.
    I would be scared to give somebody a reverse hh for a reg hh. That Guy even set himself up for an ankle lace/knee bar. But I guess if the person doesn't know what's going on, they will probably try a str8 ankle lock.

It probably doesn't have a name, but Its similar to a sliding hh, I bet you could call it a sliding scissors :-P
    Last edited by Christopher Piper; 06-24-2011 at 08:20 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Piper View Post
    Awe man... thanks. You have all of this documented in any way? Or just in your head?
    Some of them are on our youtube channel www.youtube.com/10thplanetrochester. No I don't have them listed out or anything, just the way I teach this system of leg locking.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    X-blast? Is that x-guard with an Achilles grip?

Ankle under the armpit and wizerd instead of loading the leg above your shoulder and holding the knee like traditional X?

Sorry for all the questions :-P

-----

I have no idea what your wraps are, I am familiar with the counter to The str8 ankle lock one.

Would these wraps happen to be a calf crush from jailbreak, butterfly, xguard, approaching someones butterfly guard, or countering somebody escaping your heel hook?
    The X-blast is a transition to X-Guard (we just use it to go straight to the Reaper vs going to X-Guard then the Reaper). I pretty sure the X-Blast to X-Guard is in one of the MTS. I'll post a video of one version of a "Wrap".

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    What's the fall back of using the overhook in the clamp position opposed to griping the knee? Wouldn't you possibly lose the half crab counter?
    1) Never fall back (to your back or butt) thats what I refer to as the 1993 version (think Ken Shamrock vs Royce Gracie) and you saw how that ended up. Its very easy to counter the 1993 method with a basic sit up escape to mount. You spin to your side (i.e. the Swivel or the Spiral), prevents the sit up escape and offers more control.

2) If you Overhook the leg vs hugging the knee your "showing your hand" your not fooling anyone with what your trying to attack, everyone inclusing your oppoents mom in the stands will know you're going for the leg. If they "put the boot on" before you can transition to your side/hip, you will have a very difficult time establishing a position of control.

3)Your not giving up the "1/2 grab"(the inverted ankle lock), the positional change is the priority not the submisison change. You can still finish the inverted ankle lock, you will just have to secure it after your secure the position.

4)With the Overhook, you limit your submission possibilities to just those that ultilize the Overhook, where as hugging the knee will allow those same options as the Overhook and others as well.

Starts at the 5:44 Mark:

Last edited by Chris Herzog; 06-24-2011 at 09:15 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    Does anybody have a name for this thing?

My coach taught it to us a while ago and now I'm hitting this frequently during live rolling. The title of the video clip really isn't specific enough to differentiate it from other flying scissor attacks as this one can enter you into the 50/50.
    Thats hows its done in Sambo (And even Judo for that matter) they just take the word "variation" and tack it on to a pre-exisiting discritpion.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by chris herzog View Post
    i think what scott is trying to say is " you don't attempt the submission before the securing the position of control". This is exactly why its nice to have common terminology, what your refering to as an "achilles " we simply refer to as an "overhook". And no you will not find me teaching it that way to "the clamp".
    ^^^^this

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Heres one version of a "Wrap"

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Chris....you may want to go to one of Herzog's seminars or talk your coach into having him come to you guys!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Heres is a version of a "Crush" from the Russian Cowboy.

Similar submission, but the mechanics of how you apply the submission is diffrent:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast