Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog

1) Never fall back (to your back or butt) thats what I refer to as the 1993 version (think Ken Shamrock vs Royce Gracie) and you saw how that ended up. Its very easy to counter the 1993 method with a basic sit up escape to mount. You spin to your side (i.e. the Swivel or the Spiral), prevents the sit up escape and offers more control.

2) If you Overhook the leg vs hugging the knee your "showing your hand" your not fooling anyone with what your trying to attack, everyone inclusing your oppoents mom in the stands will know you're going for the leg. If they "put the boot on" before you can transition to your side/hip, you will have a very difficult time establishing a position of control.

3)Your not giving up the "1/2 grab"(the inverted ankle lock), the positional change is the priority not the submisison change. You can still finish the inverted ankle lock, you will just have to secure it after your secure the position.

4)With the Overhook, you limit your submission possibilities to just those that ultilize the Overhook, where as hugging the knee will allow those same options as the Overhook and others as well.
    @herzog

Just watched one, and saw that you grab knee to avoid boot.

My main goal is usually to trap that far leg asap and I like it when they boot. I usually break the boot by knee baring their leg sideways. Can You picture that?

But I guess whatever works, works. I don't have any formal training in leg locks :-\

I will start practicing both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Yockel
    Chris....you may want to go to one of Herzog's seminars or talk your coach into having him come to you guys!
    Yes, I'm trying to get SAMBO started here in Milwaukee, aswell as 10thpjj. Herzog for a seminar is definitely on the list.

Array

School
    Electric City MMA
    When is the 10th planet leg attacks DVD coming out? :-)

Zog,
    You should put together some kind of instructional for all of us to purchase. Too many jiu jitsu schools neglect the bottom half of your body, all of the nibiru nation should take advantage of that!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Arnold View Post

Zog,
    You should put together some kind of instructional for all of us to purchase. Too many jiu jitsu schools neglect the bottom half of your body, all of the nibiru nation should take advantage of that!
    Thanks Shawn, but that would be up to Maestro Eddie.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 06-24-2011 at 09:52 AM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Back from vacation
    Zog could you take Rogan?

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Arnold

Zog,
    Hell yeah, that's pretty much my whole game plan

Lockdown - 1 butterfly - reap for heel hook

Electric chair - sweep - heel hook

Jiu claw - dpo - 50/50

Rubber guard - any arm bar or triangle (looking for them to stack or smash to post on one leg) - heel hook

Truck - calf crush - 50/50

Russian Cowboy - toe turn

Jailbreak - calf slice

---

I think if Herzog made an instructional, it would never end. I find leglocks endless.

But I'm all for another leg attack DVD or book to add to my collection :-)

Thanks for the info Herzog

Array

School
    KCBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Piper View Post
    I would be scared to give somebody a reverse hh for a reg hh. That Guy even set himself up for an ankle lace/knee bar. But I guess if the person doesn't know what's going on, they will probably try a str8 ankle lock.

It probably doesn't have a name, but Its similar to a sliding hh, I bet you could call it a sliding scissors :-P
    Yeah, I personally don't prefer the 50/50 but I like this entry because it looks like an O Soto Gari, only when they go to hip block you they just fall right into the heel hook. We don't do heel hooks live, so I just cradle the heel to mimic a heel hook and then grab the knee to transition into a leg lace and an ankle lock.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor Culbertson View Post
    Zog could you take Rogan?
    No idea,I never had a chance to roll with Joe. Even if I did and did well, I wouldn't talk about it. I don't discus rolling sessions, I find it bad form to discuss rolling with others, that don't inlcude the parties that were present.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 06-24-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Piper View Post
    Hell yeah, that's pretty much my whole game plan

Lockdown - 1 butterfly - reap for heel hook

Electric chair - sweep - heel hook

Jiu claw - dpo - 50/50

Rubber guard - any arm bar or triangle (looking for them to stack or smash to post on one leg) - heel hook

Truck - calf crush - 50/50

Russian Cowboy - toe turn

Jailbreak - calf slice

---

I think if Herzog made an instructional, it would never end. I find leglocks endless.

But I'm all for another leg attack DVD or book to add to my collection :-)
    Maybe someday.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast