Array

School
    None

JW is the twister legal in amateur and pro mma?

I'm just wondering cuz im going to start training at an MMA gym and get some fights in and wondered if it were legal in Amateur and I'm only pretty sure its legal in pro mma cuz of the KZ. lemme know please

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    all subs are legal in am and pro. they limit your strikes more often than not in ammys but subs are all kinds of legal reaping the knee all that good stuff.

Array

School
    None
    Thanks man!

Ya usually jj tourneys dont allow neck cranks (which is what a twister is) so i think like 90% of tournaments dont allow em except the high grappling tourneys like abu dhabi

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    At least in Oregon the twister is not legal in amateur mma competition. Also no twisting leg locks IE toe holds and heel hooks.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamGunter View Post
    all subs are legal in am and pro. they limit your strikes more often than not in ammys but subs are all kinds of legal reaping the knee all that good stuff.
    Not true, it all depends on the individual states athletic commission.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky View Post
    Ya usually jj tourneys dont allow neck cranks (which is what a twister is) so i think like 90% of tournaments dont allow em except the high grappling tourneys like abu dhabi
    Again, not true. It all depends on the who is promoting the tournament there are a number of tournaments that allow neck cranks, even in beginner divisions.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    The Hurt Factory
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Not true, it all depends on the individual states athletic commission.
    that sucks."hey guys come to the gun fight..bring your sling shots."

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur
    That's what i liked/used to like about Alabama. I remember when the ammy events had them throwing elbows to grounded opponents just like the pros (maybe cause the athletic commission was not involved)! Man, I loved it! I don't know now, though. I have been away from the scene for quite some time now. I know people are starting to fight again... Brandon Palmer???

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    In Florida ammy, no neck cranks, spine locks, or heel hooks. In many no-gi tourneys its all good cept for scissor takedowns without planting a hand, and boston crab techs.